1ts timer questions

codyakker

Hi all, first timers sailing from Barbados end of March on Britannia. I have a couple of questions i hope some on here might be able to help with, i'm pretty sure we'll have a couple more before we leave too if thats ok with you lot. First one, approx how long  does it take from landing at airport to getting on the ship ?

Getting on the ship, i understand we will be directed to our muster station for a safety brief, will that be straight away or will we go to our cabin first and how long is the safety briefing (approx). 

Are you allowed to go ashore on the first night and if so is there a set time that you need to be back on board for, i understand we'll be VERY tired but we would really like to go ashore on the night time as it would really be our only opportunity to do so.

Thanks in advance, for now anyway.

We were on Britannia in December. You get straight off the plane onto a coach. You don’t go into the airport at all. We waited in the coach queue for about 20 minutes. The journey to the ship was around an hour or maybe even less, depending on local traffic. Once through the shed where we had our photos taken and given our passes we boarded the ship. It didn’t take too long as they are well organised. Once on the ship we were taken to see where our muster station was but then told to go to our cabin and you watch the drill on the TV. We arrived on Saturday and  as II recall, we sailed early evening so no time to go into Barbados. If you are flying out on Friday I can see no reason why you couldn’t get off the ship. Perhaps someone else can advise on that. Have a great cruise.

18 minutes ago, codyakker said:

Hi all, first timers sailing from Barbados end of March on Britannia. I have a couple of questions i hope some on here might be able to help with, i'm pretty sure we'll have a couple more before we leave too if thats ok with you lot. First one, approx how long  does it take from landing at airport to getting on the ship ?

Getting on the ship, i understand we will be directed to our muster station for a safety brief, will that be straight away or will we go to our cabin first and how long is the safety briefing (approx). 

Are you allowed to go ashore on the first night and if so is there a set time that you need to be back on board for, i understand we'll be VERY tired but we would really like to go ashore on the night time as it would really be our only opportunity to do so.

Thanks in advance, for now anyway.

Depending on traffic its usually about 45 minutes to an hour.  The process at the shed is very well handled so normally about 30 minutes from coach to onboard.  

On boarding we were sent directly to muster station and then to our cabin to watch the film.  Make sure they check both of you in - they scanned my husband twice and forgot me so the next day I was on the naughty step as they thought I'd not been to muster.  Took a while to sort it as they wanted me to muster again at a time when we were in Epicurean for dinner.

I believe Barbados has lifted its curfews - they were 10.00pm when we travelled - so that aside there shouldn't be a problem.