Entertainment on Summit to Bermuda

7Trainguy1951

Can anyone tell me if Celebrity uses professional entertainers for their shows, or is ship's staff the performers? I've seen very good shows by the ship's staff in the past, but not sure if that's what to expect on the Summit to Bermuda this summer. 

I'd classify them all as "professional entertainers."  However, yes, you're likely to see the singer/dancers that aren't headliners occasionally working some other functions around the ship (such as manning a muster station on embarkation day or helping with some daytime activities).  That's what I saw on Summit, and I don't know why a sailing to Bermuda would be any different.

6 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I'd classify them all as "professional entertainers."  However, yes, you're likely to see the singer/dancers that aren't headliners occasionally working some other functions around the ship (such as manning a muster station on embarkation day or helping with some daytime activities).  That's what I saw on Summit, and I don't know why a sailing to Bermuda would be any different.

It is not any different. Been on the Summit to Bermuda many times and they have professionals in Bermuda. OP may be an old timer and be recalling back in the days of Horizon and Zenith when  Bermuda did not allow professional entertainer while in port. Those days are long gone. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some of the theater acts are professionals who perform across US cities.  Entertainers such as comedians  often have been on tv shows.  Other production shows use ships cast performers who are mostly extraordinary.  Lounge music acts are hires from various countries, or bands made up from Celebrity orchestra....sensational.