WARNING: PCR test for those who've previously had covid

cruzin4us

My mom & dad were on the Zuiderdam in January.    When they got home my 83 year old dad tested positive for Covid and my mom's came back inconclusive (But I think she had it as well).   He of course is vaccinated and boosted and only experienced a runny nose.

Now, we are in March and getting ready to cruise in the beginning of April.   

I strongly persuaded, coaxed, cajoled and insisted that my parents go take a PCR test just in case they still show up positive.   I get that the antigen test probably won't pick it up, but if for WHATEVER reason HAL decides it needs to do a PCR test on you,  then you better have a doctor's note and all the documentation that in fact you have recovered from covid.    Well, my dad's results came back today saying he was positive for Covid, almost 1 1/2 months later.

So, if you had covid, don't think you've had covid, or are not sure if you've had covid for Pete's sake take a PCR test a couple weeks before your cruise.

Now I realize HAL may never test them, but what if they do?  That would really suck and you might be sent to quarantine.

It's worth the trouble for some peace of mind.      

This is from HAL's website in case you haven't seen it:

Exceptions may apply for fully vaccinated asymptomatic guests that have tested positive for COVID-19 in the 90 days prior to embarkation and are fully recovered. Guests will need to provide a letter of recovery from their doctor and laboratory test results that are not older than 90 days. 

The Documentation of Recovery prerequisites include:   

1.    Paper or electronic copies of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days ago), and 

2.    A signed letter, on official letterhead that contains the name, address, and phone number of a licensed healthcare provider or public health official, stating that the individual has been cleared to end isolation, is at least 10 days past their infection start date and can travel. The letter should include the date of the positive test and patient identifiers such as name and date of birth that matches the passport or other travel documents. 

• Like 3