First cruise - Rhapsody 4/16

WV1965

Okay...first timers going on the Rhapsody on 4/16 Easter Sunday. Two 40 something gals who like to sightsee, shop, people watch, etc. Got the trip paid for with an inside berth on Deck 4, did the signup pre-board yesterday, signed up for the Meet & Greet (I think we have 10 people so far), picked out an excursion in Cozumel and started thinking about what to pack.

Any advice as to what to do on board? They have classes, right, for crafts, exercise, etc. - are these included or extra? How packed are the pools? I noticed they are open 24 hours a day - any times less crowded than others?

I've picked up so many tips already from these boards - I'm a Disneyworld veteran and member of DisBoards, so I know from experience how helpful the message board communites are with advice, tips, cost saving, etc. Thanks in advance for all your help!:D

O.K., I'll start here. If you drive and need to park, be sure you reserve your spot on line with EZ cruise parking. They are cheaper, close to the ship, and will take both you and your luggage to the dock. I'd get there very shortly after 11. We got there about 11:30 last month, and were on the ship in maybe 15 minutes from the time we parked the car. Unbelievable the way they have streamlined the check in. My wife has taken some of the craft classes, and they were free. The pool of course is the most busy depending on the weather. Early in the morning, and in the evening is not too bad. The indoor pool is not nearly as busy, but it has a strong current in it. Very good exercise. One of the most important things my wife packs is an over the door shoe bag. That is where she puts her makeup, curling iron, and our tooth brushes and tooth paste. Saves a lot of room and very handy. As far as shopping on board ship, they have certain sales every day, and usually have some specials up on the pool deck. The shopping seems to be best the last day. My sister and her husband went to Tulum from Cozumel. We had been there before, the ruins are a bit small, but restored quite nicely. At Grand Cayman, they took a submarine down to about 100 ft. They enjoyed that. They also have a sort of glass bottom boat there, where you go down some steps about 8' and sit beside big windows, and they take you out to a reef. Diving at Cozumel ranks at the top, I have never done it but all of my kids have. Also some nice beaches at both Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Shopping in Grand Cayman is O.K. for the upscale items, fine china, jewelry. Mexico of course is good for silver and leather. However, when we were in Cozumel the first part of this month, the bargains just didn't seem to be what they were in the past. I guess Hurricane Rita made the tourists a little less likely to push for a hard bargain, and they have discovered that. At Key West, we always enjoy the sunset shows at Mallory Square, very close to where the ship docks. You picked a beautiful ship for your first cruise, a little older than some, but aging very gracefully. The crew is top notch. We have been on her three times, and leaving again in six weeks.

200604091500_13.gif

We have been on the Rhapsody twice and are going again in June. The Rhapsody is a beautiful ship and you will enjoy it. The pools are not open 24 hours a day because they have to close them down at night to drain and clean them. I believe they close late though. :)

Archived