2 more quick questions and Printed Negative Covid Test - QR Code?

wemjam

Couple last minute questions.   We had to buy the Abbott at home tests from the link on the Carnival site (I called everyone around us and no one is doing the rapid tests in our area anymore (Doctors, CVR, Walmart, Meijer, Rite Aid tried them all)  - only PCR which can take a couple days for results, and we don't want to take a chance!)   We leave on a Thursday in 10 days for our cruise and since we are fully Vaxxed AND Boosted we plan to do the test on Monday - 3 days before.  

For anyone that has actually cruise since the changes March 1st: 

1.  Can anyone confirm that this is what they have done and had no issues - 3 days before? 

(The reason I ask is because the canned email I keep getting from Carnival still says it MUST be taken 2 days before - but I know the Carnival site says if you are vaxxed and boosted 3 days).  We wanted to do the full 3 days before to give us time to respond just in case there is any issues like a test that doesn't work right or something.

2. Also, I created the account for the Abbott at home tests and I know I can go in and print the results off to take with us, but I think we might also get a QR code or something sent to our phone.  I am old fashioned and would prefer to have a HARD copy in hand printed of the results, but somewhere I read that some ports may not accept this - only QR code?  So bit confused. 

Does anyone have 1st hand knowledge of this, is a printed copy OK as long as it meets what Carnival's website says it has to have on it for info - Name, DOB,  Date/Time tested, testing agency, wording as far as Non Detected/Negative, etc.

21 hours ago, wemjam said:

Couple last minute questions.   We had to buy the Abbott at home tests from the link on the Carnival site (I called everyone around us and no one is doing the rapid tests in our area anymore (Doctors, CVR, Walmart, Meijer, Rite Aid tried them all)  - only PCR which can take a couple days for results, and we don't want to take a chance!)   We leave on a Thursday in 10 days for our cruise and since we are fully Vaxxed AND Boosted we plan to do the test on Monday - 3 days before.  

1.  Can anyone confirm that this is what they have done and had no issues - 3 days before? 

(The reason I ask is because the canned email I keep getting from Carnival still says it MUST be taken 2 days before - but I know the Carnival site says if you are vaxxed and boosted 3 days).  We wanted to do the full 3 days before to give us time to respond just in case there is any issues like a test that doesn't work right or something.

2. Also, I created the account for the Abbott at home tests and I know I can go in and print the results off to take with us, but I think we might also get a QR code or something sent to our phone.  I am old fashioned and would prefer to have a HARD copy in hand printed of the results, but somewhere I read that some ports may not accept this - only QR code?  So bit confused. 

Does anyone have 1st hand knowledge of this, is a printed copy OK as long as it meets what Carnival's website says it has to have on it for info - Name, DOB,  Date/Time tested, testing agency, wording as far as Non Detected/Negative, etc.

We tested Thursday March 10th for our Saturday March 12th on the Mardi Gras. There were 4 of us. Somehow we all ended up with 2 sets of negative tests, one had the E-Med logo and all the other pertinent info on it and then a little while later one with a QR code popped up on my phone, so we printed both. The agent checking in my husband and I said they just needed the one with the QR code. That was our experience, not to say that someone else may have had a different one.

On 3/20/2022 at 8:50 AM, wemjam said:

Yes also did home test and it is fine we were sailing on the Magic on Sunday March 6th and tested on Thursday and don't worry about the time. And I just printed out the results we were never asked for a QR code. She looked at the results and that was that.  We did try to use the Verifly app however since everything changed on March 1st with regards to testing the app had not been updated so just brought along the paperwork. We will use the app for our April cruise ( has been fixed) if you do this only one person needs to have the app on their phone. 

The Carnival website now says if you have the booster you can test up to 3 days out (actually almost 4 days because depart day is not considered one of the "3 days before").

If you have only the 2 shots you are limited to 2 days before (plus departure day so almost 3 days).

You can use a printed copy of the test - it must show certain things like date of test, who ordered it, type of test, your name.  It's all on the Carnival website.