Venice then Trieste

mgf316

Hello!

Im leaving on a cruise from Venice (Trieste) in the middle of May. We are getting to Venice 3 nights before the cruise and want some recommendations on  where to stay in Venice.  I also want to know the best way to get to the port from the hotel (we were thinking of going back to airport to take the NCL transfer but there has got to be a better way?) 

Testing: since we  are getting to Venice 3 days before the cruise we need a place to get a Covid test. Has anyone been to Venice recently and can recommend a place that has covid testing? I was thinking maybe the proctored test using hotel wifi?

We are staying a night after the cruise and are looking to stay in Trieste on our last night before we fly home the next day, so any recommendations for hotels in Trieste and Transfers back to the airport would be great as well.  Thanks in advance!!

I am doing something similar in July (except staying only one night in Venice on either end of the cruise). I found several hotels near Piazzale Roma (including the one that NCL uses for twice the price of booking directly).This location is where the train is as well as buses and taxis from the airport. We are staying there then getting the train to Trieste. Our cruise leaves on a Sunday but there are still trains about every 40 minutes. Cost of the train with a reserved seat is around $20 pp. (for a fare we can change). My understanding that it is walkable to the port from the train in Triest  (about 1/2 mile to a mile) or we can get a taxi

There is a bus also available from the airport but there is in my one bus and it is almost $80. 

When the cruise is over, we are taking the train back to Venice and spending a night then taxi or bus to the airport. 

I also looked at hiring a private driver so we could add on some sightseeing either before or after the cruise but it was a little pricey. 

We don’t plan on having a lot of luggage and are able to walk but it 

2 hours ago, denas said:

I am doing something similar in July (except staying only one night in Venice on either end of the cruise). I found several hotels near Piazzale Roma (including the one that NCL uses for twice the price of booking directly).This location is where the train is as well as buses and taxis from the airport. We are staying there then getting the train to Trieste. Our cruise leaves on a Sunday but there are still trains about every 40 minutes. Cost of the train with a reserved seat is around $20 pp. (for a fare we can change). My understanding that it is walkable to the port from the train in Triest  (about 1/2 mile to a mile) or we can get a taxi

There is a bus also available from the airport but there is in my one bus and it is almost $80. 

When the cruise is over, we are taking the train back to Venice and spending a night then taxi or bus to the airport. 

I also looked at hiring a private driver so we could add on some sightseeing either before or after the cruise but it was a little pricey. 

We don’t plan on having a lot of luggage and are able to walk but it 

Thank you for the info. Any ideas about Covid testing? Are there places to go and get tested before the cruise? 

19 hours ago, mgf316 said:

Thank you for the info. Any ideas about Covid testing? Are there places to go and get tested before the cruise? 

We are arriving only one day early so if we test right before our flight we should be fine so I haven’t really looked at testing. Plus who knows what the rules will be in July. But if you find out about testing let me know!!