NetFlix at Sea?

BigChiefJJ

Can anyone offer advice on how to project downloaded NetFlix and Amazon Prime video movies either onto the TV in the room or perhaps onto a wall in the room with a mini-projector (and possibly a fairly cheap mini-projector recommendation that is compatible with NetFlix)?  

I know there are lots of things to entertain you on the ship, but sometimes we just want to chill in the room and watch a movie, without having to hold an ipad up, and the TV programming on Carnival isn't all that great.   It would be really nice if Carnival switched its "Free Movie Channels" to some kind of movie viewing similar to the in-flight movie entertainment on planes, but until then, I'll look for other ways to watch good movies on demand.  

• Like 1

Some of the ships have on-demand free movies on the in-cabin TV.

The TV in the room likely has the inputs disabled so you can't plug in another source (although the TV in my Sunshine room earlier this month didn't seem to have the HDMI port disabled). Your best choice is probably a tablet preloaded with movies (because the internet onboard is expensive and too slow to stream movies most likely).

Bring an HDMI cable with, and you might be able to plug a laptop or tablet into the room TV.   You can find them in just about every plug format -- I've used USB-C -> HDMI and Apple Lightning- > HDMI in hotels with no problem.  My laptop has a native HDMI output, so that's a no-brainer.

I've used the mini-projector option elsewhere and it doesn't compare unless you're in an interior room with zero ambient light.  I know we have bought PPV's on Carnival before.