Any sign of Hairspray?

On 3/23/2022 at 7:55 PM, amurray88 said:

We sail Symphony on 9th April and a bit disappointed that by the looks of it the main show won't be showing.

Does anyone know an update for it?

Someone asked & was told it will start again end of April.

A Broadway show these days cost $150 to $200. Crazy, I know but that is what it is. I've seen "Hairspray" on a Royal ship pre-pandemic and IMHO, the quality of the talent and the sets were just as good as a Broadway show. I enjoyed the show immensely on the Royal ship and I've seen the show on Broadway too.

What I'm getting at is this.......Royal does not seem to be discounting cruises that do not include their Broadway type shows for what ever reason they are not running. It doesn't seem fair to me that one week the show is not on and the next week the show is on but people pay the same rate for the same cabin category whether the Broadway type show is offered or not. I wonder why this is?

On 3/25/2022 at 10:58 AM, coffeebean said:

A Broadway show these days cost $150 to $200. Crazy, I know but that is what it is. I've seen "Hairspray" on a Royal ship pre-pandemic and IMHO, the quality of the talent and the sets were just as good as a Broadway show. I enjoyed the show immensely on the Royal ship and I've seen the show on Broadway too.

What I'm getting at is this.......Royal does not seem to be discounting cruises that do not include their Broadway type shows for what ever reason they are not running. It doesn't seem fair to me that one week the show is not on and the next week the show is on but people pay the same rate for the same cabin category whether the Broadway type show is offered or not. I wonder why this is?

I agree

I'm on the same cruise, and I'm disappointed that it looks like we won't be seeing Hairspray, but I don't expect a refund or credit.  Plenty of people wouldn't see Hairspray even if it was offered.  Do they get credits or refunds too?  What about anything else? What If the FlowRider was closed all week? What if it was only closed one day? What about a bar (that you may have no interest in going to?) What about the rock wall?  Where would Royal draw the line?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LarryCruiser said:

I'm on the same cruise, and I'm disappointed that it looks like we won't be seeing Hairspray, but I don't expect a refund or credit.  Plenty of people wouldn't see Hairspray even if it was offered.  Do they get credits or refunds too?  What about anything else? What If the FlowRider was closed all week? What if it was only closed one day? What about a bar (that you may have no interest in going to?) What about the rock wall?  Where would Royal draw the line?

You have a fair point but I think the main entertainment show is slightly different from a bar being closed personally.

I have written to RCL, I'm not saying I am expecting a refund or credit but given that it is part of the fee (at the end of the day they're saving money by not showing it right?) if they offered I certainly wouldn't say no.