Pre departure Covid documentation for those who have had it recently.

steve ch

My pre-departure checklist states:

"If you have recovered from a previous COVID-19 infection, ensure you carry documentation of
recovery or a positive PCR test result from the time of infection"

I live in the UK and currently have Covid-19. My cruise departs in 44 days.

Can anyone tell me what "documentation of recovery" means and whether or not an NHS PCR test result is accepted? It isn't for the 72 hours before departure test, but my options for getting a third party test right now are limited.

You will probably pass the pre cruise PCR test, Viking are the people to ask about documentation. Can you get one of the postal tests to document you've got it, or get to an airport test site (if there are still any there) As long as you can submit it in the next few days it doesn't matter too much when you get the result. 

Wondering if a self cert via test and trace QR code antigen will do, as it is on an official platform. Perhaps enter one on the system and see what documents get regurgitated

25 minutes ago, KBs mum said:

You will probably pass the pre cruise PCR test, Viking are the people to ask about documentation. Can you get one of the postal tests to document you've got it, or get to an airport test site (if there are still any there) As long as you can submit it in the next few days it doesn't matter too much when you get the result. 

Wondering if a self cert via test and trace QR code antigen will do, as it is on an official platform. Perhaps enter one on the system and see what documents get regurgitated

Thanks,

I don't want to visit an airport while I'm still infectious.

Given the current spike in cases, I'm surprised that there isn't more information front and central on Viking's website. The clause about requiring a private positive PCR test result taken while I still have Covid was buried several pages deep.

Has anyone actually gone through this scenario?

My husband and I had covid in January. we leave tomorrow for our cruise (YAY!!) and we obtained letters from our doctors stating we had covid and have recovered from it and it includes the dates when we had it.  I also have a pcr test from january showing I was positive at that time, but my husband doesn't because he only took an at home test at the time.  Viking told us that our doctors letters are sufficient for the purpose of their documentation requirements.  we were told not to test right before we come because it's very possible to continue to test positive for covid for 90 days after you've had it.

note: we are in the states, but I imagine the same would apply for UK.

• Like 1