Are theme nights back?

PG101

Does anyone know if theme nights (Caribbean or Hoedown) are back on P&O - specifically Britannia?

I've had a search online and on the boards, but can't see anything.  The dress code for our trip (mid April) has just come up, but says only Black Tie/Evening Casual.   I don't mind either way, but it would help with planning the packing!

I'm not looking to start a general dress code thread (lovely though they are), but if you've been on the boats recently, could you say whether the dress codes remained straightforward all the time, or whether they went off-piste?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Having just been on a P and O  SHIP (Ventura) there were no themed nights at all ,just the normal black tie or casual evenings

Great - thank you.  That's helpful.

4 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Having just been on a P and O  SHIP (Ventura) there were no themed nights at all ,just the normal black tie or casual evenings

Is dancing in the evening still banned?

19 hours ago, PG101 said:

Does anyone know if theme nights (Caribbean or Hoedown) are back on P&O - specifically Britannia?

I've had a search online and on the boards, but can't see anything.  The dress code for our trip (mid April) has just come up, but says only Black Tie/Evening Casual.   I don't mind either way, but it would help with planning the packing!

I'm not looking to start a general dress code thread (lovely though they are), but if you've been on the boats recently, could you say whether the dress codes remained straightforward all the time, or whether they went off-piste?

Thank you!

Dress codes seem to be flavour of the month. Don't get me wrong I'm not decrying threads on this subject as I have asked about what to expect and got some decent feedback from this forum whereas there doesn't appear to be much coming from P&O. It would appear that Iona and Arvia will only be having one formal a week. No club dining and some venues on Arvia are changing names. Not my info, but interesting. I appreciate those that prefer to holiday in a more casual way. I just hope we don't end up with hoodies and jogging pants in the Main Dining Rooms. Unfortunately my situation is that I can't afford Azamara Quest type cruise prices and we have been lucky to have many lovely cruises on P&O and whilst it may be seen as some a cruiseline dedicated to providing God's Waiting Room at sea I was some 20 years younger when I started cruising. I personally will feel sad if the glamour and glitz of a formal night gives way to a wear what you like dumbed down night. I don't worry about the Rule Britannia flag waving idea as the Great in Britain ceased a long time ago. Unfortunately I see that the sale of suits is such that even Saville Row is struggling. I understand that P&O wishes to move forward with the times. But they also need to remember that there are still a huge percentage of older passenger to cater for.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Dress codes seem to be flavour of the month. Don't get me wrong I'm not decrying threads on this subject as I have asked about what to expect and got some decent feedback from this forum whereas there doesn't appear to be much coming from P&O. It would appear that Iona and Arvia will only be having one formal a week. No club dining and some venues on Arvia are changing names. Not my info, but interesting. I appreciate those that prefer to holiday in a more casual way. I just hope we don't end up with hoodies and jogging pants in the Main Dining Rooms. Unfortunately my situation is that I can't afford Azamara Quest type cruise prices and we have been lucky to have many lovely cruises on P&O and whilst it may be seen as some a cruiseline dedicated to providing God's Waiting Room at sea I was some 20 years younger when I started cruising. I personally will feel sad if the glamour and glitz of a formal night gives way to a wear what you like dumbed down night. I don't worry about the Rule Britannia flag waving idea as the Great in Britain ceased a long time ago. Unfortunately I see that the sale of suits is such that even Saville Row is struggling. I understand that P&O wishes to move forward with the times. But they also need to remember that there are still a huge percentage of older passenger to cater for.

At least there are three other lines sailing regularly ex uk that seem to be keeping Formal Nights as part of their offering.