On Scarlet Lady right now a few thoughts

pl281

On the ship right now - sitting in Nassau and having great weather.

1) ALL ages - those that are saying Virgin is only X-Z age - nope - while they maybe marketing to that group - we have the young, the old and everything in between

2) App works mostly - I find that with contacting sailor services you sometimes have to close out and then re-open to get the updates to show

3) Internet - It's a decent speed - I spent the $40 for the higher speed which is 6Mbps on the download - it's pretty good

4) Can't stream / use HDMI on cabin TV - I tried doesn't work - and don't take it out of hotel mode - waiting for IT to come reset it - oops

5) Bathroom light - I wish they had a night mode / low light - as if you get up in the middle of the night you go from dark to super bright - no in between

6) TV - they have a decent library of content - I wish they'd have a ship map / where we are 

7) Razel Dazel - The "Fish" and Chips - they do not have and apparently haven't had since launch.

😎 Crew - Everyone has been very attentive and willing to help where they can

9) Shops - Perhaps I missed it - while there is the logo store - I didn't see where to purchase toiletries & stacks as I've seen on other lines

10) Wrist Band - this is great and I wish all lines would go to it as it's just makes life so easy and you don't have to say oh did I grab my room key - also getting back to the ship / port security was some much easier.

I'm sure I'm missing something else but that's the thoughts for now

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pl281 said:

9) Shops - Perhaps I missed it - while there is the logo store - I didn't see where to purchase toiletries & stacks as I've seen on other lines

there's a sundries shop kind of in the corner, i believe right by extra virgin.  they had toiletries, snacks, books, etc.

• Like 1

@_tacocat_

Thank you - I hadn't made it back over to there - Doing Extra Virgin tonight

To that point - I'm finding that there are many things "tucked away" 

Also we have a standard cabin (aft) just before the central cabins - I will say that being near the mid-ship stairs is great 

Thanks for posting! I'm going on the Scarlet Lady May 4 and wondering if like before you can use the bar tab for other things on board still? I'm going solo and I don't think I could drink 400 dollars worth but would probably be able to if I could use the bar tab towards the spa and other things. 

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Sixcruiser said:

Thanks for posting! I'm going on the Scarlet Lady May 4 and wondering if like before you can use the bar tab for other things on board still? I'm going solo and I don't think I could drink 400 dollars worth but would probably be able to if I could use the bar tab towards the spa and other things. 

Thanks in advance!

Currently there is a bug allowing the bar tab to be used on ship purchases. The bar tab was intended for up charged beverages, so who knows when it will get fixed. It would be my luck that it gets fixed, right when I planed using that way.

I plan on getting some nice bourbon or tequila pours if we need to burn through the bar tab. It’s my understanding that the bar tab can be used for the Grog Walk, Test Kitchen pairing, and Shots for Shots. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 11:22 AM, pl281 said:

4) Can't stream / use HDMI on cabin TV - I tried doesn't work - and don't take it out of hotel mode - waiting for IT to come reset it - oops

I am curious how this one turned out. Did IT tell you it was not going to be an option at all or were you able to make it work? On our short cruise we didn't try, but we have a longer one coming up and we will for sure have to have a way to expand the movie selection with our own stuff.

@ociana

So they told me it couldn't be done - They had to reset the TV for hotel mode after I mucked with it.

Even in non-hotel mode I was having issues getting it to work, but that could have been my HDMI cable

• Thanks 1