Luberon Villages - RCCL excursion

kayjaypea42

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has taken this excursion before: "Luberon Villages: Discover the Secrets of Provence" from Royal Caribbean?  I am travelling with my 82-year-old grandmother and my mom who is elgally blind and a bit wobbly on her feet.  The description isn't clear if it offers a tour of the cities visited or just a drop-off at each and a tour of the lavender factory.  The villages look gorgeous, but I'm nervous about the strenuous designation. Can anyone comment on just HOW strenuous it might be? If it's a tour and there are parts (such as stairs to a castle) that one or more feels unable to climb, can they opt out and wait at the bottom? I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks!! PS- here's the description: 

Bring the whole family and discover the natural splendor of Provence on a commentated coach tour including visits to two charming villages and a tour of a lavender factory. Drive through striking solitary woods, rocky countryside and picturesque hilltop villages. At the entrance of a vale dug by the Aiguebrun stream, you’ll find Lourmarin, well known as one of the most beautiful villages in France. Stroll the quaint, cobblestone streets lined with boutiques. Literature buffs may want to visit the town cemetery, where author and philosopher Albert Camus and French author Henri Bosco are buried. Next, behold Rousillon, famous for its magnificent red cliffs and ochre quarries. The red, yellow and brown shades of the earth form a striking contrast with the lush green pine trees. It is like an artist's pallet, with the infinite combinations of colors varying from yellow to purple with all the shades of pink and red in between. Then take a guided tour of a lavender factory, where you’ll see firsthand how this fragrant, flowering plant is transformed into beloved beauty products known the world over. 

Edited by kayjaypea42

• 3 weeks later...