Canadian Proof of Vaccination…

Cate1

Apologies if the answer is already out here in this comprehensive amount of information.. thanks fellow cruisers on cruise critic…

for HAL

am Canadian, fully vaccinated ( including 1 st booster - so far ( haha ) )have provincial British Columbia government vaccine URL etc on phone and printed also Federal Canadian government same ..paper copy and URL of government App.

Do I need to bring original paper business size cards received at time of vaccination with me to board ship ? Sailing in 2 weeks from San Diego.

Thanks! Cate 

20 minutes ago, Cate1 said:

Apologies if the answer is already out here in this comprehensive amount of information.. thanks fellow cruisers on cruise critic…

for HAL

am Canadian, fully vaccinated ( including 1 st booster - so far ( haha ) )have provincial British Columbia government vaccine URL etc on phone and printed also Federal Canadian government same ..paper copy and URL of government App.

Do I need to bring original paper business size cards received at time of vaccination with me to board ship ? Sailing in 2 weeks from San Diego.

Thanks! Cate 

I'm from BC, and got off the Koningdam on March 13.  NO ONE along the way, not at airports, businesses, anywhere in San Diego or getting on board was even interested in the BC vaccine QR code or the original vaccinations card. The proof of vaccination that was needed was the federal proof of vaccination. No one scanned the QR code on the Federal proof, but they did look at the list of vaccines on the printed copy. 

So, to answer your question, no to the BC vaccine card, yes to the federal printout.

L.

Hello Leerathje and other BC cruisers,

Where are you getting covid testing in BC? I bought switch health kits but saw it is not approved by some cruise lines.  I will be on Hal and princess in May and June.

Many thanks and happy cruising 

Grace

6 minutes ago, lost4sure said:

Hello Leerathje and other BC cruisers,

Where are you getting covid testing in BC? I bought switch health kits but saw it is not approved by some cruise lines.  I will be on Hal and princess in May and June.

Many thanks and happy cruising 

Grace

Ours was Switch, and HAL accepted it no problem.

I see you are in Victoria, and I know there is an antigen testing site at the airport too.

L.

1 hour ago, lost4sure said:

Thanks.  Good to know Hal accepts switch health.  I actually live in Duncan but many people knows Victoria.  Duncan is 1.5 hours away from Victoria.

lol...I live in the Comox Valley.  Your info says Victoria.

PS:  We can get tested at Comox too.

L.

Thanks for clarifications .. yes planning Switch via Air Canada .. hope you don’t have to book ahead because I think it’s a one day window prior flights leaving Canada with US destinations…