Itinerary Help!!!! Western Caribbean

cruizingsouth

I am scheduled to be on the 4/9 Magica cruise. The challenge is that we keep hearing different ports of call from all sources. Costa is even showing two different itinerarries for the same trip. I have heard that their website is incorrect. Can someone who has just returned from a Magica cruise please list their itineray or if you know where we can get a true answer it would be appreciated.

I am scheduled to be on the 4/9 Magica cruise. The challenge is that we keep hearing different ports of call from all sources. Costa is even showing two different itinerarries for the same trip. I have heard that their website is incorrect. Can someone who has just returned from a Magica cruise please list their itineray or if you know where we can get a true answer it would be appreciated.

In the cruise brochure I have for the Magica & the Med it is showing the ports for April 9th on the Magica are: Key West; Cozumel Montego Bay (instead of the usual Ocho Rios-for this week only); Grand Caymen hope this helps & doesn't make matters worse. :D

There was another thread here about the same thing....I think the final consensus was that we would just have to wait and see where we go!!

DH and I haven't booked any excursions, so we're pretty laid back about the actual itinerary.:)

Hi Cruizinsouth,

I just received our doc's yesterday and it shows exactly what the

website shows, which a supervisor confirmed on thursday. I don't

think it's likely to change now since in the doc's. Have you received

yours yet?

Lisa

4/9 Magica

My family's travel documents arrived today for the April 9 Magica cruise, and I am happy to say that (for me) the confusion is over. The travel documents confirm that Freeport is, in fact, on the itinerary.

Boy, the document package is huge! Gives me a little light reading. It is about time I start reading something other than the (now less frequent) negative reviews.

Five weeks +/- and counting.

Kevin

So, lisascruizin & fotoguy & others ---

Are you confirming, via your documents, that Cozumel is 8am - 1pm, Grand Cayman 12pm - 6pm and Montego Bay, (not Ocho Rios!), for a full day?

(Also, please see my post re: tendering question & 1/2 day stop for Cozumel.)

Thanks so much!

I don't have my documents right in front of me, but I believe we spend half a day in Key West and (definitely) a full day in Freeport as well. The other ports (Cozumel and Grand Cayman) are half days as you mentioned.

The itinerary is just as you said, 8-1 cozumel, 12-6 cayman, full day

in Montego Bay and full day in Freeport! What are yall planning for

freeport? Wished it was as brochure said, but who cares 5weeks 3 days to go!!!!!!!!!:)

I too, am somewhat disappointed at the half days for Cozumel and Grand Cayman. However, our family of four will have fun wherever they send us; I research through the web and find these boards offer a wealth of info.

While I have no firm plan yet for Freeport, I was hoping for a relaxing final day --- no rush to be up at 6am. We may just taxi to the Lucaya Marketplace and then walk over to the Lucaya beach. There seem to be several good beaches with activities within a reasonable taxi ride from the ship.

Also, I understand that there is reef snorkeling, (Deadman's Reef), swimmable from shore (about 200 yards) at Paradise Cove farther west from the ship.

I am much more concerned about our 5 hours in Cozumel especially 1.) if you are not booking a tour from Costa and 2.) we are leaving at 1pm! Tendering is sure to use up some valuable time. We had a fantastic time there two years ago snorkeling at Chankanaab. However, it has suffered extensive damage from Wilma and will not be open our cruise. I am hoping for a beach/ snorkel experience other than Paradise Beach that we could do in the short time that we have there. On top of that, I was hoping to buy some Kahluha and vanilla extract as my Cozumel souvenirs. That seems like a lot to pack in for a five hour stop with tendering!

Has anyone been to Dzul Ha recently? We are not expert snorkelers --- plenty of colorful fish would be a great morning for us topped off with a beer, guacomole and chips.

I posted another thread today re: tendering for Cozumel in the hopes that someone could give us info on where Costa is tendering.

Optimistically, all things may be possible. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

What I find interesting about Costa is the fact that they seem to rotate their ship's itinerary almost on a weekly basis.

Perhaps it is the same with other cruiselines, but the other cruises I have been on (all Carnival), the ship always seemed to follow the same itinerary every week.

To the previous poster, did you go to Freeport? That, and Montego Bay (rather than Ocho Rios), I believe are different than your recent cruise.

The itinerary for the 4/9 Magica sailing has pretty well been ironed out on these boards. As with others' research, the tickets which I received this weekend confirm that we have half days in Key West, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. There are full days in Montego Bay and Freeport.

My family and I will enjoy all the ports and we are really looking forward to them. But, I do find that a little planning and knowledge ahead of time can make a big difference. It seems especially important on this cruise with these half day stops.

I value all the comments from these boards. Thanks to everyone!:)

I finally received my costa package today.. It looks like the website was correct afterall... It will be tough to do a half day at cozumel... Do you think we will have time in Caymans to do the stingray trip with an outside tour guide?

My husband and son are going to do the stingray tour so since it

is just two of them I am going to book thru costa. The prices

aren't really much different than what I have researched elsewhere

and I know they won't miss the boat. Reading some reviews for

Freeport I am half afraid to take a taxi and go to the beach even

though we have a whole day. The economy or area not great.:)

Archived