All Seabourn cruises now departing Ravenna, not Venice

margbem

JUST SOME INFO FROM SEABOURN VIA OUR T/A…WE WILL BE IN VENICE A DAY BEFORE AND SEABOURN WILL PROVIDE FREE TRANSFERS FROM EITHER THE AIRPORT AT 12:30 OR 4:30 OR FROM

TRONCHETTO AT 11:30AM. ON EMBARKATION DAY. WE ARE A FAMILY OF 8 SO NOT THAT EASY TO MOVE ABOUT IN VENICE! WE ARE STAYING INDEPENDENTLY IN VENICE….SO JUST NEED TO CHANGE OUR BOOKED WATER TAXI TO TRONCHETTO! 

3 minutes ago, Love Sea Days said:

JUST SOME INFO FROM SEABOURN VIA OUR T/A…WE WILL BE IN VENICE A DAY BEFORE AND SEABOURN WILL PROVIDE FREE TRANSFERS FROM EITHER THE AIRPORT AT 12:30 OR 4:30 OR FROM

TRONCHETTO AT 11:30AM. ON EMBARKATION DAY. WE ARE A FAMILY OF 8 SO NOT THAT EASY TO MOVE ABOUT IN VENICE! WE ARE STAYING INDEPENDENTLY IN VENICE….SO JUST NEED TO CHANGE OUR BOOKED WATER TAXI TO TRONCHETTO! 

We just received the email too. So from me ringing Seabourn UK this afternoon and being told no free transfers, Seabourn has obviously changed its mind! 🙂🙂

I don't think ALL Seabourn cruises that were scheduled to leave from Venice are now leaving from Ravenna.  I posted this information on another thread about Venice yesterday.

According to the email we received from Seabourn on March 28, we will be docking in Marghera.

"Please be advised that due to new Italian travel restrictions, in Venice we will now dock at the Marghera shipyard rather than the Venezia Terminal Passeggeri on Sunday, October 9, 2022. Guests with Seabourn tours will be transported directly from and to the ship. For guests with independent arrangements in Venice, we will offer complimentary transfers to and from the Venice Cruise Terminal. As the Marghera shipyard is an industrial port, independent transportation from and to the port will not be permitted."

49 minutes ago, HalFan said:

I don't think ALL Seabourn cruises that were scheduled to leave from Venice are now leaving from Ravenna.  I posted this information on another thread about Venice yesterday.

According to the email we received from Seabourn on March 28, we will be docking in Marghera.

"Please be advised that due to new Italian travel restrictions, in Venice we will now dock at the Marghera shipyard rather than the Venezia Terminal Passeggeri on Sunday, October 9, 2022. Guests with Seabourn tours will be transported directly from and to the ship. For guests with independent arrangements in Venice, we will offer complimentary transfers to and from the Venice Cruise Terminal. As the Marghera shipyard is an industrial port, independent transportation from and to the port will not be permitted."

Agh, interesting. Maybe later on in the year it will be Marghera. The lady I spoke to said it was all Encore and Quest sailings from Venice.

We are on the Encore embarking July 17th and received the notice that we will now sail out of Port Marghera.  As stated previously, we are to check in at the Venice Cruise Terminal and then we will be transfer to the ship.  I guess this allows them to arrive in Vodice, Croatia two hours early.  

I'm praying we don't have anything to prevent us from sailing!