MSC Lirica - Feb 4 to 15 -

njreo

May I also mention that on MSC I had better food and service than in many top rated Miami and Fort Lauderdale restaurants and thats a fact. I cannot comment on the diners as I avoid them.

It is very unfortunate that you had terrible dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale, but guess what? I have to! There are some horrible restaurants here .. there are also a few very good ones, but I guess you haven't found them yet. I am also not singing the praises of diners in this area, but I stand by my statement that the food at Andrews Diner in Ft Lauderdale is better than the food on the Lirica and believe me .. that's not saying much. The Andrews diner has wonderful soups, something that the chef on the Lirica, in most cases, knows nothing about.

I am not native to this area and only moved here 2 years ago from the Metro NY area. I have eaten in some of the finest restaurants in the world, but I don't expect cruiselines to match these restaurants either.

For 11 nites I was trapped on the Lirica and had to eat what they had. As I have said before .... NEVER AGAIN!

I'm happy that some people seem to enjoy this cruise line. They were few and far between on the voyage I was on. There was someone who booked the transatlantic while I was there. He loved the ship, but did say the food left something to be desired. To each their own.

I hope you have many wonderful years cruising on this ship, you enjoy so much.

I will be cruising on better lines and really enjoying myself while aboard.

This will be my last posting on the subject. I have stated my case and I hope that some people have been warned not to sail on this vessel.

Happy Cruising!

We have both dined in brilliant restaurants and the reverse. But even dining is not an entire cruise experience.

MSC have some of the best drinks, food, service and entertainment in the entire cuise world. Thats fact and when you compare it dollar for dollar it is THE BEST.

I am sorry that you decide now you abandon cruise critic rather than defend your position. That is never good.

My Sinfonia sailing was the one and only cruise where the food was so good that I gained weight! The risottos, pastas, rabbit, tripe, polenta were wonderful - at least for my tastes - and I enjoyed the dining room for most of my meals. These types of dishes are the foods I was raised on and it was such a pleasure to have them so well prepared.

I really could care less about most cruise ship food. Eggs benedict, creamed soups, desserts, these are things I do not eat and do not enjoy. I prefer fresh food, simply prepared, with fresh herbs, etc., and not covered in heavy sauces. I enjoy a European breakfast and have no use for the American standards like burgers and such. A lovely bowl of cioppino for lunch, followed by fabulous European cheeses was utter bliss!

And my bar tab was amongst the lowest ever because of the availability of house wines for lunch and dinner and the wonderful Italian wine tastings nightly that allowed me to indulge my taste for a wonderful Brunello for only 5 Euro a glass!

The only negatives to my MSC cruise were the masses of horribly behaved children on board and the fitness center, which I found to be a bit lacking.

It seems to be a matter of taste.

MSC have some of the best drinks, food, service and entertainment in the entire cuise world. Thats fact and when you compare it dollar for dollar it is THE BEST.

Okay, I must reply to this ... That is fact in your opinion. In my opinion, the worst drinks & food I have experienced in 35 years of cruising, even the Italian food... THE WORST!

I've eaten much better in many Italian restaurants in Italy .. not the toursit type of restaurant either. I don't like tourist food and obviously I have a severe dislike for this ship.

For anyone to say that the Lirica has the BEST food and drinks must be replied to .... again ... THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not leaving CruiseCritic, but I'm tired of defending my position on this thread .. I know what I ate. I know what I drank. You weren't there... I was .. it was the WORST!!!!! and the majority of the people on this sailing agreed with me. Get it? MSC Cruises NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN! You couldn't pay me to use this horrible line!

'MSC have some of the best drinks, food, service and entertainment in the entire cruise world. Thats fact and when you compare it dollar for dollar it is THE BEST. '

I don't know what cruise lines you have sailed on, however, after over 50 cruises on 8 different cruise lines, I cannot agree with your statement that MSC has some of the best food and service. Ours was very poor!!!!

The food was better if you asked the Table Manager for special cuts, special meals, etc. The service was sooooo slow and unorganized that it was 1 hour and 15 minutes before we got our appetizer. When I told the Table Manger about this, he could not believe it, but knew it was true. Service did get better, but it was still not up to the other cruise lines we cruised on.

Entertainment was very good.

Drinks? Don't drink that much.

Compare it dollar for dollar it is not the best either. It all depends on what you get for your buck!

Most cruise lines charge for ice cream served uptop poolside.

Know Celebrity and Princess DO...

Celebrity definately does not charge for ice cream. I was on last week. No charge.

Archived