Viking included air questions

GoGAdawgsWin

The one issue I have encountered recently is Viking Air Plus is not ticketing flights when you request specific flights and seats. I requested specific flights with seat assignments and was given a confirmation number which was not ticketed. A month later I noticed that flight had been removed from My Viking Journey. Contacted Air Plus and advised airline cancelled flights. I advised agent that those flights were still scheduled and six traveling companions were not cancelled. They did schedule me on those flights however seats were very limited so not sitting with my spouse and advised flight couldn’t be ticketed yet. Just keep checking your flights and be informed what choices are available.

On 4/13/2022 at 1:39 PM, sharkster77 said:

We used Viking Air and came to our travel agent with a list of preferred flights, including non-stops.  We sat there while she spoke with the Viking rep and they gave us exactly the flights we asked for, including a nonstop ZUR-BOS.

We bought the plus air fare so we could use Delta, we didn’t have to pay extra and we could pay or use miles for an upgrade thru Delta. I like using the extra program as we have one stop going to Budapest and direct flight AMS to DTW

When I booked our trip, air was included through their anniversary sale. I booked a post trip extension but not a pre trip. Now I’m nervous that I should try and fly in early. 

Am I correct that I need to pay for the air plus to fly in a day early? Should I just add a pre trip extension? 

This is our first river cruise, I’m very excited