Review of Horizon 8 Day Southern Caribbean 3/19/22

mdin

13 hours ago, mdin said:

Yes! This stairwell leads right into the back of the Havana Bar. We used that stairwell all the time to go from our room to Havana (and vice versa). We stayed in 7457, liked it so much we booked the same room on Vista for 2024.

Thank you! We have never stayed in an inside cabin (I'm addicted to balconies!), but the cost for a Havana balcony is just ridiculous. If we want to try Havana it's either inside or nothing, but I'm really worried about the potential claustrophobia. Having a quick escape right across the hall would definitely help!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, indigo38x said:

@mdinDo you recall what the food options were? Do they have a regular menu too? Traveling with a picky preteen so I'm curious. Thanks!

Food options in the MDR or on board in general at different venues?

The MDR menu changed daily, however it always had some constant dishes that included grilled chicken breast, Indian vegetarian, and steakhouse selections. I never ordered something that wasn't featured on the menu, but I guess it's possible to order a simple dish that a picky eater will eat. Would probably have to check with the waitstaff or maitre'd to confirm though.

11 minutes ago, mdin said:

Food options in the MDR or on board in general at different venues?

The MDR menu changed daily, however it always had some constant dishes that included grilled chicken breast, Indian vegetarian, and steakhouse selections. I never ordered something that wasn't featured on the menu, but I guess it's possible to order a simple dish that a picky eater will eat. Would probably have to check with the waitstaff or maitre'd to confirm though.

@mdin  - Apologies, I was asking in reference to the Amber Beach Club.

21 hours ago, indigo38x said:

@mdin  - Apologies, I was asking in reference to the Amber Beach Club.

No worries. The food had a local flavor. I don't remember everything, but some of the items were grilled chicken thighs and legs, yellow rice and beans, chicken lasagna, garden salad, pasta salad, mixed veggies, BBQ meatballs, fried plantains, and some kind of croquet. Hope that helps.

Edited by mdin