Acupuncture?

cruiseorbust

I went to the first acupuncture lecture with a lot of skepticism, but with my arthritis options just about maxed out, was game for anything that would help.

I tried it by telling myself that if it didn't work, I wouldn't have to tell a soul and no one would be the wiser, :o but that if it did work, I would have found something that helps me lower my intake of drugs for it.

It worked! :D I didn't feel a thing, honest. Went back for two additional treatments. Haven't used my walking stick since then (1/13, 1/15, 1/17). I came home and immediately inquired about the preferred acupuncturists in our health insurance plan. Although I haven't needed to go (yet), I've got a consult scheduled for mid-March so that I can jump into treatment when needed.

No one has been more surprised and delighted than me! Good luck -- I hope it has a similar effect for you should you decide to give it a try.

Cheers,

Just wondering if anyone has tried acupuncture while on the ship. Did it hurt, did it help?

Hi Cruise !

My Dad went for a few sessions on Summit last year. He said it was just about painless, and he did get some nice short term improvement for his various spinal/back problems. He also said the staff was very friendly and caring.

The only problem is... he was told you have to keep going on a regular basis, if you want a long term solution (for pain issues). I know he was pleased with the results at the time.

I am hoping he will give it another try, when we go on Century in 2 weeks.

Nancy, my wife, has done three or four sessions on a couple Infinity cruises and been very pleased by the results.

According to her, a big part of the treatment is essentially relaxation therapy. She is also into therapeutic touch which has a lot of similarities. In other words, if you are receptive to the treatment, the chances of success increase.

Art

Acupuncture did work, on my arthritis. I bought two bottles of the oil used to "help" the pain, it worked great BUT geting supplies after you leave the ship is virtually impossible.

The leaflet you get on board has phone numbrs which do not connect to the company named on the leaflet, E Mails to "contact us" on their web page, go unanswered, and contacting their so called approved acupuncturist also does not work.

I have not found any supplier as yet. Celebrity Customer Service have no idea who the company running the facily is, in fact I have not found any Cust.Serv. rep who even knows Acupuncture is offered on board. I have been asked "Which deck is it on" "I cannot find it on the diagram of the ship""Is it part of the massage in the Spa" even "Phone the ship and ask to speak to the staff who gave you the treatment"!!!

The cost is approx $350 for three sessions - only given on sea days.

Update to previous message

Finally found the oil, Mch 1st Celebrity still saying , "if you had the service on board then the product is sold by Steiner"! No one at Cust Service listens to anything you say.

On board the oil cost me $10 per bottle, finally found a shop in Maryland oil from them cost $5.25 plus shipping of $2, then finally found the company that rents the space on board, they told me the oil (same size bottle ) would cost me $15 plus shipping of $3.50 making total $18.50!!!

The excuses I got for the hassle I had finding them were

a. We have changed phone numbers 4 times in a month

b. We have changed our address

c. We had no Electricity for a month

d. Our computer failed

e. We had problems with our server

Personally I think the company has problems concerning how it manages its affairs.

Further update re company running Acupuncture at Sea

I finally contacted them as told in my last posting. Made an order March 1st, told "we will mail that to you tomorrow"

As of today March 5th, they have NOT YET processed my order.

By all means have the treatment on the ship, just do NOT deal with the company in Miami after leaving the ship.

Further update re company running Acupuncture at Sea

I finally contacted them as told in my last posting. Made an order March 1st, told "we will mail that to you tomorrow"

As of today March 5th, they have NOT YET processed my order.

By all means have the treatment on the ship, just do NOT deal with the company in Miami after leaving the ship.

Both are OK for short term but long term is lacking. Just MHO.

Archived