NCL Excursions: If Sold Out Online, Are They Sometimes Available Onboard

lgdesign

Just wondering if it's like specialty dining reservations where they only offer a percentage of what's available to book online.

An excursion I was interested in got sold out online before I thought to book it... and I'm wondering if I'm out of luck and should find something new... or if there's a chance when I board that it might be available.

Anyone with any experience of this?

Edited by lgdesign

We had this issue with our Encore sailing a few weeks ago.  We were moved from the Escape to the Encore 5 days before sailing, so many excursions were fully booked or only had one spot available.  We called Shore Excursions, they suggested to go to the shore excursions desk after boarding to join a waitlist for the specific excursion we were looking at.

We went there after boarding, and they just asked us to sign up for what we wanted, and that we would be notified either way.  The next day, the excursion was listed in our activities on the app, and we received our tickets the following day.

My guess is that they do hold some spots to be booked on board, but you'll want to go sign up ASAP after boarding to have the best chance.