Pharmacy in Playa del Carmen?

lunyma

Are there one or more on the main drag?

Don't know what your basis is for your question, but here is a link to the US Customs website and a quote on page one:

http://help.customs.gov/cgi-bin/customs.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=320&p_created=1043364938&p_sid=O_DUp21i&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NDAmcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1QcmVzY3JpcHRpb24gZHJ1Z3M*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Purchasing medications from a supplier outside the U.S.

The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act prohibits persons from importing into the U.S. any prescription drug that has not been approved for sale by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), or which is adulterated or misbranded within the meaning of the Act. Moreover, in those instances where a U.S. manufacturer makes an FDA-approved prescription drug and sends it abroad, the Act also prohibits any person other than the original manufacturer from importing the drug back into the U.S. Thus, in virtually all instances, individual citizens are prohibited from importing prescription drugs into the U.S.

Carefully consider this is a US Federal law, and then make a choice.

Don't know what your basis is for your question, but here is a link to the US Customs website and a quote on page one:

http://help.customs.gov/cgi-bin/customs.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=320&p_created=1043364938&p_sid=O_DUp21i&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NDAmcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1QcmVzY3JpcHRpb24gZHJ1Z3M*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Purchasing medications from a supplier outside the U.S.

The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act prohibits persons from importing into the U.S. any prescription drug that has not been approved for sale by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), or which is adulterated or misbranded within the meaning of the Act. Moreover, in those instances where a U.S. manufacturer makes an FDA-approved prescription drug and sends it abroad, the Act also prohibits any person other than the original manufacturer from importing the drug back into the U.S. Thus, in virtually all instances, individual citizens are prohibited from importing prescription drugs into the U.S.

Carefully consider this is a US Federal law, and then make a choice.

Thanks for your kind consideration, BLUSRY, but I am quite aware of the legalities of importing Mexican prescription drugs. I am neither trying to bring back anything illegal, nor anything that I could not buy over the internet, legally, from another country. I am just looking for a place where I can buy my prescriptions for lower cost. I have been to Cancun and Cozumel, and have had no problems bringing back what I am looking for. Thanks again...

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from the W. Caribb...There are numerous pharmacy's in the Playa area. Ithought their prices were a bit high....at least as much as our highest copay..which is 25....A lot of the Rx require a prescription from a dr.....a few muscle relaxers, antibiotics, and some others were available without an RX....

Belize was a different story. I was shocked at the Rx drugs that were available over the counter...Ambien, xanax, pain meds in addition to the antibiotics, lipitor ect.....

lunyma, we were in playa last year and the year before. If you take a taxi into town they will let you off at the "town square". There is a pharmacy/liquor/gift store right there. We have bought "staple" Rx's(amoxacilin etc) and had no problems.

lunyma, we were in playa last year and the year before. If you take a taxi into town they will let you off at the "town square". There is a pharmacy/liquor/gift store right there. We have bought "staple" Rx's(amoxacilin etc) and had no problems.

Thanks, Huck. That's exactly what I did.

Archived