Onboard the Apex (April 9-16): Ask Me Anything

schittenden

I was on the 4/2 Apex sailing and saw many enjoying Michelob Ultras.  Not sure about the other two you mentioned.  As an FYI, this was my second time in a solo IV.  The first was on the Edge.  Since my husband’s passing, I am a solo cruiser.  We spent a lot of time on the balcony together but I would rather spend time on deck with others than spend alone time on a traditional balcony.  In fact, I had a SV on the Edge a few months ago and didn’t spend any time there but I do have to say it was beautiful.  What is important to me are the large windows and the bump out space for the IV which definitely adds to the feeling of a larger room.  I did expect to dislike the IV but do enjoy it.  Again, from a solo perspective.  It’s nice that Celebrity provides this option.😀👍

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

We have early seating.  I see there are 4 dining rooms, and one will be assigned.  Website says that they may offer a special item.  Can I order this if I am not eating in that one?

There are a half dozen or so items specific to each dining room. They are a few appetizers, a couple entrees, and a couple desserts. My understanding is that they all share a kitchen, so you can order from any of them even though it’s not on the menu except in the one. We have anytime dining, and have not had to wait for a table at any dining room and have been able to eat in all four without any reservations. 

On 4/13/2022 at 10:40 PM, nimiq said:

Hello ,

first let me thank you for posting all the info to  people questions and here is mine. Would you happen to know if they have los carb beer like Michelop Ulra or Corona Premier or the band New Zero carb  Bud Light Next ?

Boarding Saturday can’t wait.

Thanks 

Sea Ya

Eric 

The only one I’ve come across is Michelob Ultra. I can’t say for certain that the others aren’t available because availability seems to vary from bar to bar.  

We’re meant to be sailing on Apex next week. With the contagiousness of current variant and risk of impacting various things post-trip if we were to contract it, I’m seeking to plan for a more conservative approach to mingling and masking, etc. It seems like a big point of risk is eating/drinking for sustained periods indoors, so I’d like to spend more time doing that outdoors. Is rooftop garden the only outdoor-dining venue?  And are there any bars open at night outdoors?  Just trying to get a sense of options!  Thanks and hope you’re having a wonderful trip. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruising3347 said:

We’re meant to be sailing on Apex next week. With the contagiousness of current variant and risk of impacting various things post-trip if we were to contract it, I’m seeking to plan for a more conservative approach to mingling and masking, etc. It seems like a big point of risk is eating/drinking for sustained periods indoors, so I’d like to spend more time doing that outdoors. Is rooftop garden the only outdoor-dining venue?  And are there any bars open at night outdoors?  Just trying to get a sense of options!  Thanks and hope you’re having a wonderful trip. 

The sunset bar is open until Midnight.

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for your reply.  Our reservation says Open Dining….our travel agent did not ask us anything about our dining options, even though in the past we have requested early dining.  Should I contact Celebrity and see if there are an openings for early dining, although at this late date, early dining is probably not available?

6 hours ago, ann1bell said:

If we are assigned a main dining room that we do not prefer will they move us to a different one?  We like Normandie. Thanks.

When we were on the Edge a few years ago (pre-COVID), a couple months prior to our departure, we sent a request to CelebrityDining@celebrity.com, asking specifically for the Normandie and to be seated with our friends, and they were able to accommodate us.  I don't know if they have different policies or limitations now, but it may be worth a try.

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2022 at 5:51 PM, ILgirl said:

I was on the 4/2 Apex sailing and saw many enjoying Michelob Ultras.  Not sure about the other two you mentioned.  As an FYI, this was my second time in a solo IV.  The first was on the Edge.  Since my husband’s passing, I am a solo cruiser.  We spent a lot of time on the balcony together but I would rather spend time on deck with others than spend alone time on a traditional balcony.  In fact, I had a SV on the Edge a few months ago and didn’t spend any time there but I do have to say it was beautiful.  What is important to me are the large windows and the bump out space for the IV which definitely adds to the feeling of a larger room.  I did expect to dislike the IV but do enjoy it.  Again, from a solo perspective.  It’s nice that Celebrity provides this option.😀👍

Such a trooper!  SO glad that you are enjoying solo cruising and living life to the fullest.  Inspirational for sure!