Anyone have any Iona Cabin Photos with sofabed made up

BouncingWheel

There seem to be quite a lot of cabins on Iona that have asterix or square symbols saying that sofa gets converted into a single or double sofa bed. Tried to find some pics of what this looks like but not had any success.

Niece, husband and 2 year old looking to book but cannot have 2yr old up in a pullman so really want to use the sofabed option but would love to see some pics first before taking the plunge.

Does anyone know if the bed is kept made up all day currently or is it made back into a sofa during the day.

Last time I was on P&O pre Covid I had a double sofa bed that was put back to a sofa daily but then access could not have been got to the balcony if it hadn’t.

On my last 2 cruises with MSC one before Covid and one last year the single sofa bed was left as a bed for the entire time on the ship so had no sofa to use then. 

BouncingWheel, we have a similar issue but found on Iona most rooms had the single sofa bed and second bed was a pull down. We had to book select fare so we could book choose our room to guarantee this. Also if you ask your cabin steward they should also be able to provide you with a bed rail or you can bring your own. We got this on Ventura a few years back. We also had extra pillows and this helped in case of any falls but thankfully we had no problems. 

1 hour ago, Ljdoc said:

Does anyone know if the bed is kept made up all day currently or is it made back into a sofa during the day.

Last time I was on P&O pre Covid I had a double sofa bed that was put back to a sofa daily but then access could not have been got to the balcony if it hadn’t.

On my last 2 cruises with MSC one before Covid and one last year the single sofa bed was left as a bed for the entire time on the ship so had no sofa to use then. 

BouncingWheel, we have a similar issue but found on Iona most rooms had the single sofa bed and second bed was a pull down. We had to book select fare so we could book choose our room to guarantee this. Also if you ask your cabin steward they should also be able to provide you with a bed rail or you can bring your own. We got this on Ventura a few years back. We also had extra pillows and this helped in case of any falls but thankfully we had no problems. 

You can have the bed left how you want it. As a bed or a sofa with daily reconfiguration. We left it as a bed as you can still sit on it and it lessens the number of ‘strangers’ in your cabin.