Napali Coast

JBethM

On 4/12/2022 at 8:23 PM, JBethM said:

I've seen several excursions to see the Napali coast. Will we see this well enough from the ship when we leave Kauai to forego an excursion specifically to see it? Thanks! 

I'd say no. It to me is like the difference between seeing the Statue of Liberty from Manhattan and standing on Liberty Island and looking up at the statue.

A helicopter ride over the Napali Coast gives you one perspective and a catamaran sailing excursion gives you another.

Depending on which ship you are on and how long your Kauai port stop is will dictate what you can do. We use Captain Andy for Napali tours, but we've never tried it as an cruise excursion. We've spent so much time in Hawaii and Kauai, we never do excursions off the ship.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2022 at 12:22 PM, scottca075 said:

I'd say no. It to me is like the difference between seeing the Statue of Liberty from Manhattan and standing on Liberty Island and looking up at the statue.

A helicopter ride over the Napali Coast gives you one perspective and a catamaran sailing excursion gives you another.

Depending on which ship you are on and how long your Kauai port stop is will dictate what you can do. We use Captain Andy for Napali tours, but we've never tried it as an cruise excursion. We've spent so much time in Hawaii and Kauai, we never do excursions off the ship.

if this is a once in a lifetime trip, would you splurge for the helicopter or go with the catamaran?

1 hour ago, Kim_KS said:

if this is a once in a lifetime trip, would you splurge for the helicopter or go with the catamaran?

If you've seen Jurassic Park 3, that is literally one of the views you get from a helicopter. It doesn't seem real. The video below (with a song from Brother Iz) show Napali both from the air and sea. Each is equally impressive.

19 hours ago, scottca075 said:

If you've seen Jurassic Park 3, that is literally one of the views you get from a helicopter. It doesn't seem real. The video below (with a song from Brother Iz) show Napali both from the air and sea. Each is equally impressive.

Oh wow! Thank you!

If you can, try and do the helicopter ride.  I’ve sailed by the Napali Coast on the cruise ship and done the helicopter.  This was the best activity I’ve ever done, hands down and worth the investment for this once in a lifetime opportunity.  I would also recommend not trying to do this first thing in the morning, wait until mid-morning or early afternoon when the fog burns off.

2 hours ago, cruisepro19 said:

If you can, try and do the helicopter ride.  I’ve sailed by the Napali Coast on the cruise ship and done the helicopter.

Seeing the Napali Coast on a cruise ship isn't the same as a catamaran.