guarantee question

my1stcruise

I've booked online an inside stateroom guarantee room. I've been reading your posts and have a question. Some people say they have a 4a or better gty and some a 1aor better? How do I know what I have? I sure hope it's not bunkbeds...my DH would not be to happy about that...

Till the Victory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;7;31;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Check your confirmation. It should say what type of gty you booked. If you booked a 4Agty then you are promised at least a 4A(not bunk beds if for 2). You might get upgraded to higher category. That is what a gty is. It gty's you a cabin in the category you booked at least.

If you booked a 1A gty then you you might get bunk beds depending on ship.

You can always select cabin within your category or upgrade to higher catergory. It probably will cost you though. It all depends if you are within the penalty period for your sailing and how full ship is.

We booked a gty for the first and last time on our last cruise. We found we like midship. By choosing our cabin we get to choose exactly where we want to be. We cruise during President's Day week.Ships sail either close to full or sold out that week. Upgrades to great areas are hard to come by that week.

No longer cruiseless...donations still accepted! Miracle 2/2005

Last cruise

Sensation 2/17/03

For our first cruise we booked a 4A guarantee and we ended up getting an inside cabin on the Verandah deck. Worked out great for us. I just booked an OV guarantee for our next cruise in July. I thinks it's kinda fun not knowing until you get to the pier.

Carnival Miracle, April 04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;07;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til my next cruise fix on the Victory!

i booked a 1a gty ( riviera deck ) and got a 4a on the main deck. it had two beds. i saw a 1a on the riviera ( one of the ones they use for gty statis ) and it also had two beds. it was the same layout as mine on the main deck. maybe calling carnival and talking to one of the reps can tell you about the bunk beds. i was very happy with my cabin and especially since i got lucky and it was in the back of the ship. i absolutely get a aft cabin for motion sickness. less is better in that catagory.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

I've had 1A guarantees on Sensation, Paradise, & Celebration. I've never been upgraded (probably because I travel solo), and all the cabins had bunk beds. My 1A cabin on Conquest has a twin bed & a couch (no bunk bed). I recommend you check with your TA and make sure that your guarantee is for a 4A or above. Your TA should have asked you the lowest level you'd accept before taking the reservation.

Sleazy 3 on Conquest in Just:

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;29;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Archived