Is it worth it if we aren't able to book rockstar?

gumboTX

Was really looking forward to our first Virgin Voyage and first cruise post-pandemic.  Was all excited about the whole Rockstar thing - suite, concierge, Richard's Rooftop!!!  But when we went to book this evening, the price for the Rockstar suites had increased 33% from yesterday!  Is that normal?  And with our hearts set on that experience, how much of a letdown will it be to NOT be a Rockstar as we'd been planning?  

So I’ve only cruised with Virgin out of Portsmouth UK, so not as sunny as the Caribbean which makes it harder to say whether the Rooftop space is worth it as the sun decks weren’t busy anyway.

Maybe on a busy Caribbean cruise I would feel different about having access to an exclusive space.

But in terms of the room I think an XL Sea Terrace room has a bathroom as big as many suites, so in a suite you only gain the kingsize bed and in some rooms the dining area and huge balcony.

Also of course you get the first fill of the mini bar, so if you think those six half bottles of spirits plus the wine is worth it to you as you will be drinking in your room then consider what that is worth to you. Also Moët hour at around 5-7pm with free champagne.

I would definitely say the cruise is worth doing even if you can’t get a suite.

Hope that helps.

Edited by jon81uk
  • Like 1