Forgot to add Insurance

ladybugpug

I booked and paid in full my first Virgin cruise today and just realized when I looked at the booking that I forgot to add the insurance. The website says insurance can be purchased until the trip is paid in full.  Since I paid in full am I out of luck?

unfortunately, i think you are. 

if you paid with a credit card that has trip coverage, you might actually be better off with that coverage vs. dealing with insurance anyway.  we were going to get the VV policy, then we realized our chase sapphire reserve trip interruption/cancellation coverage covered all the same stuff as the VV policy (if not more) without any extra fee.

• Like 1

If you are in the US, you can still get travel insurance but outside of Virgin. Just google travel insurance and you will find lots of options. That’s what we do. The  insurance this way is often times cheaper and better than what cruise lines offer. 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2022 at 3:37 PM, gskimmel said:

If you are in the US, you can still get travel insurance

But just to be clear, you can get travel insurance pretty much regardless of where you are from. You just need to get a policy that covers you based on your country of residence. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 7:31 AM, ladybugpug said:

Thanks all!! I purchased cruise insurance online yesterday that includes cancel for any reason (75% of cruise cost). I feel so much better. 🥰

Awesome, and in general, independent (third party) travel insurance is usually better than what the cruise lines offer. You generally get better coverage for less money going with a third party. We get our insurance through our travel agent for each booking as insurance is a MUST for any cruise. Glad you got it worked out! 

• Like 1