Seashore's elevator

Love2Snorkle

11 hours ago, Love2Snorkle said:

Seashore's elevator is the WORST I have ever seen.  What is your opinion? 

So many people hated these elevators so I don't think I am alone on this matter.

I didn't necessarily hate them but it would have  been nice to see what floor the elevator was on to know how much longer your wait was going to be.   The mid elevators were swamped!!  The forward and aft elevators were less busy in our experience.   

6 minutes ago, clemsonlori98 said:

I didn't necessarily hate them but it would have  been nice to see what floor the elevator was on to know how much longer your wait was going to be.   The mid elevators were swamped!!  The forward and aft elevators were less busy in our experience.   

When you say aft elevators, I am curious.  There are really only two main sets of elevators: one forward, just aft of the YC, and one midship.  Are you referring to the small panoramic lifts that go only from deck 8 to deck 18?  They are small, so I guess they would be slow.

You mean the “Elevator D” lying group? 😁. They are pretty bad .  Imagine a full ship.

These are the middle, atrium elevators.  The others were not as bad.  Something wrong with the algorithm on those.

Edited by mlbdude

Now this is a conundrum... On our 03/19/22 -03/26/22 sailing of the Seashore with 2900 passengers, we found the FORWARD elevators that service the Yacht Club to be the best we have ever experienced. Could it be an aberration? As the elevators have no buttons to press inside for decks, child proof. Whenever we were on decks 4,5,6 and wished to return to the YC deck 19 we got an empty elevator arrive and whisk us express to 19. Vice versa from 19 to 4,5,6 empty arrives and express to deck designated. Once the elevator did stop going up to pick up another couple going to the YC. We think this bank of elevators are 'geared' to accommodate YC guests.

The forward and rear were good.  I am sure the middle ones get most of the traffic especially at dinner since they let out at the dining rooms.

14 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Now this is a conundrum... On our 03/19/22 -03/26/22 sailing of the Seashore with 2900 passengers, we found the FORWARD elevators that service the Yacht Club to be the best we have ever experienced. Could it be an aberration? As the elevators have no buttons to press inside for decks, child proof. Whenever we were on decks 4,5,6 and wished to return to the YC deck 19 we got an empty elevator arrive and whisk us express to 19. Vice versa from 19 to 4,5,6 empty arrives and express to deck designated. Once the elevator did stop going up to pick up another couple going to the YC. We think this bank of elevators are 'geared' to accommodate YC guests.

22 hours ago, JAGR said:

When you say aft elevators, I am curious.  There are really only two main sets of elevators: one forward, just aft of the YC, and one midship.  Are you referring to the small panoramic lifts that go only from deck 8 to deck 18?  They are small, so I guess they would be slow.

Yes, I realize the panoramic lifts in the aft don't compare to the others.  

23 hours ago, Paphillyguy said:

We had no issues with the elevators in December

19 hours ago, georgemoe said:

Was just on the April 9th sailing. My wife needs an elevator and we had very few issues with the mid ship elevtors. We used the fwd elevators mostly since that is where our rooms were.

22 minutes ago, AngryBirdah said:

No issues at all with the elevators on a very crowded Spring Break cruise.  I personally prefer this style of elevator to the free-for-all.

Darn ! And I thought it was only me that "has the world on a string, sitting on a rainbow...."

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 11:22 AM, JAGR said:

They were very effective actually and as much sq footage as the main ones. It's nice because you can actually see where it is.  Only two vs eight however.

On 4/17/2022 at 11:28 AM, mlbdude said:

You mean the “Elevator D” lying group? 😁. They are pretty bad .  Imagine a full ship.

These are the middle, atrium elevators.  The others were not as bad.  Something wrong with the algorithm on those.

Haha that's funny we nicknamed letter "d" as in doesn't make it to your floor... Something is very wrong with them.  Sometimes when I would get up at 6:00 a.m. it would take time for elevators to get to me,. So I started looking at the cracks in the door and trying to spot when the movement actually started to my floor.

On 4/17/2022 at 5:28 AM, Love2Snorkle said:

Seashore's elevator is the WORST I have ever seen.  What is your opinion? 

So many people hated these elevators so I don't think I am alone on this matter.

I've read your post several times, but I cannot seem to find any arguments. That makes it hard for me to relate or respond.