??? Southern Caribbean from Florida???

lanabanana

I love the Southern itins too, so it's disappointing there aren't more on RCI. Check HAL and NCL; they run good regular Southern itins from NYC, which isn't far from you.

A southern carib itinerary from NYC? Is it a 10-14 day cruise? I ask because one of the several reasons I won't cruise out of NYC (I'm in Brooklyn) is the less than desirable ports of call (not very deep into the Caribbean) that most cruises from here tend to do. This is a new one on me...but I'm going to check out those sites you recommend right now.

Learnin' something new all the time on these boards!:p

A southern carib itinerary from NYC? Is it a 10-14 day cruise? I ask because one of the several reasons I won't cruise out of NYC (I'm in Brooklyn) is the less than desirable ports of call (not very deep into the Caribbean) that most cruises from here tend to do. This is a new one on me...but I'm going to check out those sites you recommend right now.

HAL just started a new ship - Noordam - out of NYC. I was wrong about NCL though out of NYC - that's more eastern than southern. My apologies.

HAL just started a new ship - Noordam - out of NYC. I was wrong about NCL though out of NYC - that's more eastern than southern. My apologies.

Now that I'm obsessing over this;) ...I see that both the Norwegian Spirit and Dawn have southern caribbean itineraries from NYC. But, I can't find mention of such an itinerary slated for HAL's new ship, Noordam.

Also, if lanabanana's interested in cruising out of Florida:

- Celebrity Constellation goes out of Ft. Lauderdale for 10-day southern carib cruise

- Carnival Legend does an 8-day out of Ft. Lauderdale

Happy cruising to all,

Kathy

I think any of the Southern Caribbean cruises out of Florida are at least 10 days.

I can't find anything that has St. Lucia as part of its itinerary except ones out of San Juan. If I had won Powerball last w/e, I would be chartering a ship and planning my own itinerary for me and all my cc friends! Doesn't that sound like fun?!

Now that I'm obsessing over this;) ...I see that both the Norwegian Spirit and Dawn have southern caribbean itineraries from NYC. But, I can't find mention of such an itinerary slated for HAL's new ship, Noordam.

I dont think im allowed to give the name of the website, but here a cut and paste. Maasdam also sails from Norfolk (slightly different itin).

Holland America Line

Noordam

11 Night SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN

Departing from New York, New York

Ports of Call: New York, New York| Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I. | St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands | Roseau, Dominica | Bridgetown, Barbados | Philipsburg, St. Maarten | San Juan, Puerto Rico

DH and I sailed the Sun Princess out of FLL last November...a 14 day Southern Carib. which went to St. Lucia, Tortola, Trinidad, Bonaire, Curacao, etc. There is an alternate Southern route as well. It's doing the same routes again in fall/winter 2006/2007.

Archived