Does Celebrity Still Provide Shipping Home

kitty9

Does X still provide the shipping services? And if they do, is this available for their Med cruises? I didn't see anything about their shipping when I received our docs for our Summit cruise that leaves tomorrow.

Thanks for the information.

It wasn't available on our recent cruise from San Pedro. We were told it's only available in certain ports. I'm thinking it was available in Ft. Lauderdale but sorry I don't remember the others. You could probably call customer service to find out.

She's talking about the former setup with Fed-Ex for shipping luggage home, not the Valet service to the airport, which is only available domestically and from Vancouver.. and only with certain airlines.

Former FedEx? Have they stopped it? I was on Century two months ago (which I realize is eons in cruise time!:) ) and was able to ship a 20 x 20 x 12 box home for $30. Greatest thing since sliced bread! All my dirty (well, ok, a lot of them) went in the box and make room for stuff I bought! This was a b2b2b so I had STUFF! I got home Monday, box arrived Thursday. I love it!

And it's gone?:mad:

Domestic and International... two different scenarios. Also there have bee ownership changes in the shipping industry over the past couple of years.

Shoot, I used to check-in for my USAIr flights ON Century, get my airline luggage tags, pick up my bags in the terminal, attach the tags and wheel them out to the USAir truck.... all FOR FREE! All I had do once I got to the airport was go thru security and find my gate. I used to do the same with AA in San Juan. The luggage trucks were all in a row just waiting for us outside the pier terminal.

Now I have to pay for the convenience:-(

Archived