Yet Another Cancellation type question....

Socalf1fan

So here is the deal my cruise dudes and dudettes..

So the wifey, the daughter and I have booked on the Vista for 09-24-22. All in the same balcony cabin. My 17yr old daughter has decided that "due to her desire to not miss school" aka "my grades were bad after the last cruise so I will blame the cruise instead of me not doing the work", that she no longer wants to go.

Which, lets be frank we are OK with. Means we get couple time and not emo teenage girl ball and chain dragged everywhere.

BUT we have already paid up a couple months back. The balcony deal we had gave us an additional extra $500 OBC......

So we obviously don't want to lose the credit. Is the best option just to show up without her? We will lose the fare (which is less than what we would make on the OBC) but get back the port fees and taxes I assume. We just don't want to cancel her and risk losing the deal/rate/obc by knocking her off prior.

Thoughts/Reccomendations?

Edited by Socalf1fan

She can be a no show.  You will get back port fees, taxes, and any prepaid excursions or gratuities.  

If you cancel her you also run the risk of being moved to a two person balcony, which could be in an undesirable location. 

Another thought:  having three DDs who were all in their teens at one point, I would not bet on her not changing her mind about coming. 

• Like 3

I would call Carnival and propose a hypothetical question that one member may drop out and if they do, what are my options. Answers on this site to your question may give you some ideas/questions to ask when you call Carnival.

• Like 1