First Time Carnival Cruiser - Some questions about The Valor for those who have been on it

AWR66

Hey guys, we have been on Royal Caribbean cruises before, but this is our first time on Carnival and we will be on a September 2022 sailing out of New Orleans.

1. How was the entertainment? We love the theater shows and comedians. If you sailed recently, what shows are the performing right now?
  2. Overall, what condition would you say the Valor was in? I  know it is not brand new, but is it kept up pretty well?
  3. The most important: What was your favorite food on the ship!

Thank you all!

I haven't sailed recent enough to answer 1.  

2. The condition was probably a little above average for a ship at that age.  I don't recall ever seeing any part of the ship that looked neglected or overly worn.

3. Food is pretty standard across all of the ships sans the new(er) ships.  We always enjoy Blue Iguana for breakfast burritos, arapas and huevos rancheros then tacos for lunch.  Guys Burgers is very popular.  Seaday brunch is also a very popular venue.  These are all complimentary.

• Like 1

Got off the Valor about a month n a half ago. Standard entertainment, pretty good comedians(but they rotate those pretty often), if the violin trio is still on there.. check them out.

Ship was in great condition, far as I could tell.

Food was excellent, didn't have a bad meal. The tacos/burritos at Blue Iguana are fantastic. SeaDay brunch was good. MDR was straight fiya. Treat yourselves to the Steakhouse one night. Go pretty early in the cruise if you want to try the Australian wagyu. They tend to run out towards the end of the 5 days. 

• Like 1

We have cruised her twice this year already.  As far as shows, over the years they have really gone down.  After 35 cruises with Carnival it is disappointing to us. Everyone is different.  New cruisers don’t have past shows to compare too.  Sometimes I wish that was me lol.  The shows are nice. That’s all.  The variety shows can be fun. The games shows and the “team” challenge show was entertaining. You should go and enjoy each and form your own opinion. The comedians were good.  We did the steakhouse 3 times during the two cruises and it was really nice. Guys burgers always good, the seaday brunch is very nice and the bbq upstairs over lido was good also.  The pizza was horrible but late night snack it hit the spot.  The ship is in what I’d call good condition for its age! We sailed her in our second cruise and to be honest it was as nice just a little more worn.  We loved both cruises and will be back in her in July and November. Have a great trip!

Edited by nol4am
  • Like 1