Error fares

sm9690

I've noticed recently that there's been a number of 'error' fares on the NCL website, eg. one particular sailing might show as £400 whether it be an inside, ocean view, balcony or haven. Has anyone had any experience of these and whether they'll honour them?

i haven't seen this myself on the NCL site and can't remember hearing about NCL "error" or "mistake" fares in the past. this is much more common with airlines and some honor the fares and some don't. i believe there is now language in the contract terms which invalidates clear "mistake" fares. 

whether a company honors these seems to be influenced by how many took advantage of them, how steep the discount is, whether it could reasonably be perceived as a fare so low as to clearly be a mistake, and how bad the negative publicity is (did the media pick up the story?) and whether the company wants to make a big splash and get free positive publicity by honoring the fares.

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

i haven't seen this myself on the NCL site and can't remember hearing about NCL "error" or "mistake" fares in the past. this is much more common with airlines and some honor the fares and some don't. i believe there is now language in the contract terms which invalidates clear "mistake" fares. 

whether a company honors these seems to be influenced by how many took advantage of them, how steep the discount is, whether it could reasonably be perceived as a fare so low as to clearly be a mistake, and how bad the negative publicity is (did the media pick up the story?) and whether the company wants to make a big splash and get free positive publicity by honoring the fares.

I saw this one last week, it would let me get all the way through to the final stage after choosing a cabin and entering all details etc. 

I then saw a couple more at the weekend similar but didn't take screenshots

FFBE7647-68AC-469F-BF56-9FB3026F71C0.jpg

8FCA49E4-E45B-47F2-BCEB-81CF1109C804.jpg

I actually tried to book one out of interest, it allowed my to allocate my cruise next certificates but wouldn't complete the booking, came up with an error instead unfortunately 

Edited by SpainAlien