Dinner with the Capt.

DannyMac

My wife and I will celebrate our 33rd on the 3-5-06 Rhapsody cruise. Who should I speak with to request an invitation to dine with the Capt. I realize it is a long shot, but it never hurts to try. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Congratulations on your anniversary and good luck with your quest for dining with the captain. We've been unsuccessful to date, but my suggestion is to talk to anyone and everyone. Have your TA make the request; talk to the Loyalty Ambassador and the Concierge onboard. Call the Crown and Anchor desk; ask the Maitre'd. Good luck, but plan to celebrate with your wife and maybe your regular dining partners.

It used to be that you had to ask the "social hostess", but I don't know if there is still one on the ships. Congratulations on your anniversary and have a wonderful trip.

You can also try sending a letter to the captain directly. I don't know if it will do any good, but as they say, it couldn't hurt.

Hello...Find out who is the Captain for sure, they do change at their will it seems. Write a short letter, put in an interesting envelope, mail it to him directly to the port where you are embarking. in care of the ship, mark it personal. Explain the circumstances, and I'll bet you will be asked to dine with him, or the Staff Captain..This works for us, have been invited each time we wrote, about 8 times. Have a wonderful anniversary! Helen

Not all captains dine in the formal dining room. We had a table next to the Captains table on the Radiance and no one sat there all week. The dining staff said that it varies by who the captain is and anymore it's rare they do.

We were once invited to dine at the Captain's Table which was being hosted by the Chief Engineer. Of course the captain cannot always be there. As iluvcruzin said, sometimes the captains never eat in the dining room. Write the letter anyway.

Archived