Verizon cell use internationally ?

22 minutes ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

I’m looking for advice on using my cell phone in the UK for a few days after a TA cruise.

I have Verizon, is it difficult to use?

Thank You 

You should be able to go to their website and sign up for the international plan for the days that you're there.  It will walk you through it--you enter where you are going and the dates and it should give you some options--probably $10/day.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bluegirlum said:

You should be able to go to their website and sign up for the international plan for the days that you're there.  It will walk you through it--you enter where you are going and the dates and it should give you some options--probably $10/day.  

Appreciate the help 

The best place to ask such a question is at Verizon.......not social media.   Yes, you can pretty much use any phone, anyplace in the world for a price.  It is roaming.  Roaming is defined as out of your network, and in someone else's network.  Different companies have agreements, in place just for you, to make it easy.   I have ATT.  I pay $10.00 a day to use my phone roaming.  I believe there is a $100.00 cap and than it's free.  Second phone (wife) is $5.00 a day.  So check with Verizon, and see your options and check with the source, not social media.

I travel internationally regularly.  The plan you need is $10 a day --only charged if you make a call--and the charge covers ALL calls for 24 hours.  Then, after 24 hours, if you make another call--its another 10$.  Easy to enroll.  just dial 611 from your cell and let them know BEFORE you go.

6 minutes ago, Heartdoc said:

I travel internationally regularly.  The plan you need is $10 a day --only charged if you make a call--and the charge covers ALL calls for 24 hours.  Then, after 24 hours, if you make another call--its another 10$.  Easy to enroll.  just dial 611 from your cell and let them know BEFORE you go.

Thank you for your help,  

10 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

The best place to ask such a question is at Verizon.......not social media.   Yes, you can pretty much use any phone, anyplace in the world for a price.  It is roaming.  Roaming is defined as out of your network, and in someone else's network.  Different companies have agreements, in place just for you, to make it easy.   I have ATT.  I pay $10.00 a day to use my phone roaming.  I believe there is a $100.00 cap and than it's free.  Second phone (wife) is $5.00 a day.  So check with Verizon, and see your options and check with the source, not social media.

Thank you for your help 

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

The best place to ask such a question is at Verizon.......not social media.

Cruise Critic is a pretty good place to ask. Many on this site have traveled internationaly and have the answer and insights. I have found that cell carrier phone reps are often clueless or try to sell something not needed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Cruise Critic is a pretty good place to ask. Many on this site have traveled internationaly and have the answer and insights. I have found that cell carrier phone reps are often clueless or try to sell something not needed. 

Agree completely. Verizon is going to tell you about their product, which for a few days Travel Pass is probably the easiest. But depending on the phone, there are other options Verizon (or AT&T, etc.) is not going to mention.

To the OP, look up Travel Pass on Verizon. You can look for international roaming under your own account, and it will show you the options. There at least was a "wizard" that would give you options based on where you were traveling. Travel Pass does have a daily data cap, so watch your data use and settings. And Travel Pass kicks in basically as soon as your phone handshakes into the network. Phone, text or data, even data you didn't know you were using, will trigger another day's usage.

There is absolutely no need to call Verizon; you can add Travel Pass online or in their app. And it really is that simple. If you were staying for a month with two phones, I'd look at alternatives, but for a few days in the UK, it's not too expensive, works great, and is easy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1