Can you take ginger while pregnant? Or, where can I get Seabands?

JENANDGENE

I will be sailing in May aboard Adventure and I'm a little worried about sea sickness. Last Sept, we sailed on Jewel and I had to take Dramamine about 4 out of the 10 days. I know chances are that the seas will be calmer in the Southern Caribbean, but I want to be prepared. I will be almost 6 months pregnant at time of sailing ...... anyone have any advice?

I've heard ginger and Sea bands.....where do you get Sea bands? and where do you find the ginger? I assume it is pill form? is it safe in pregnancy???

Thanks in advance...

Jen

Adventure of the Seas….. 68 days and counting!

Jewel of the Seas 2005

Explorer of the Seas 2004

Voyager of the Seas 2002

Monarch of the Seas 1994

I would imagine ginger pills would be safe, but check with your doctor to be sure. You can find them at Wal-Mart in the pharmacy area where all the vitamins and supplements are. Ginger is all natural and on the bottle is described as a dietary supplement.

Candi

I've heard ginger and Sea bands.....where do you get Sea bands? and where do you find the ginger? I assume it is pill form? is it safe in pregnancy???

Thanks in advance...

You can buy Sea Bands in any of the drug stores. They average about $10.00.

Sometimes they are hard to find so ask where they are in the store.;)

I used them for years. Just make sure that you read the directions correctly and place them in the proper place on your wrists.

You definitely should check with your doctor but from what I read, ginger is actually recommended for pregnant women to reduce vomiting.

If you aren't leaving for awhile, amazon.com has bands for sale (but check with your doctor) and possibly check at your drug store as to where you can get them?

I will be sailing in May aboard Adventure and I'm a little worried about sea sickness. Last Sept, we sailed on Jewel and I had to take Dramamine about 4 out of the 10 days. I know chances are that the seas will be calmer in the Southern Caribbean, but I want to be prepared. I will be almost 6 months pregnant at time of sailing ...... anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance...

Jen

Adventure of the Seas….. 68 days and counting!

Jewel of the Seas 2005

Explorer of the Seas 2004

Voyager of the Seas 2002

Monarch of the Seas 1994

Ginger is a root. You can get it at any grocery store. Buy a big enough piece and it will last you all week.

Since it is a root it will travel well and you can store it in the fridge all week, no problemo.

If you get the OK from the doctor start the ginger before the cruise...the tea is great as well. Drink a full glass of water with it - it can be spicey if a bubble comes up - burping. I burped a lot when I was pregnant.

Most drug stores sell them....buy two pairs in case you misplace one. I use them all the time on cruises and they work.

Another option....Is Motion Eaze

This is a liquid you dab behind your ears. I have used this on the last 2 cruises and have not experienced any sea sickness......which I have gotten at least in every cruise I been on.

But as always.........Check with your Dr before taking anything that may harm the baby!!

I also tried the Ginger pills on the last cruise and my DH complained that my breath was horrendous!!! I normally do not have bad breath, so we narrowed it down to the Ginger.

Archived