Heraklion, Crete: A Shining Star in this Dark World

cashmeremypuppydog

While planning our Mediterranean cruise, I contacted Stagakis Gran Prestige (SGP) Travel Services. Kostas informed me he was already booked but he also graciously offered to help me in any way. Usually, it should have been the end to a story like this one but not in this case.

The next day, I asked Kostas a general question about public transportation to a winery.  He answered back right away and during the next few days, several emails were sent back and forth. Kostas even took his time making detailed maps so we could enjoy downtown Heraklion after visiting the Palace and the wine tasting.

Through him, I found 2 drivers to drive us during our limited time in Heraklion.

Finally, Kostas instructed me to stop at a shop where a ‘gift’ would be waiting for me.

In April 2022, our cruise ship finally docked in Heraklion. We met our driver and I asked if Kostas was around so I could meet him. I was in luck and briefly thanked him for his generosity of time 😇 and unselfishness.

Our driver knew he had to briefly stop at a specific store for me to pick up my 'gift’. I was expecting a small token of friendship but was mortified when the clerk presented me with 3 boxes of delicatessen of Crete. I was so ashamed of myself as I had not brought a gift!

I can tell you Kostas is a special man. A beautiful man, inside and out! In this world of darkness, he is a shining star. It is so great to meet human beings like him. He made our day and our cruise…. We sampled all goodies with our friends and they were VERY good. I hope we can come back to Crete and us having a surprise for him. Time will tell…

The Canadians!😎

P.S. I had posted the maps on our roll call so many cruisers were using "Kostas maps"!