What time to arrive

deb380

How early could you / or should you arrive for your cruise? We are in the day before and would like some time to acclimate ourselves with the ship>

(Though you would think after reading these boards I should know everything they are the best.)

How early could you / or should you arrive for your cruise? We are in the day before and would like some time to acclimate ourselves with the ship>

(Though you would think after reading these boards I should know everything they are the best.)

Many ships have set hours for boarding. I usually get the the pier at 9:30 or 10:30 regardless. You probably will still have to wait however you will be one of the first people on the ship which is very nice.

We stayed in Miami the night before our Valor cruise and left the hotel at 10:30 for about a ten minute trip to the pier. We were ON the ship before noon. Now our room was NOT ready at that time and we just tossed our carry-ons into the closet and went to get some lunch. So we DID wait after check in, but not long at all!:D

Seems that most folks get to the terminal a coupla hours before the time the cruiseline sets for boarding. If it says 1pm boarding, I'm there around 11, and on the ship by noon. My cabins have always been ready. Lucky, I guess.:)

Last year we stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami the night before the cruise ... We left the hotel about 9:15 and we were at the port by 9:30 ... there was a counter open for early checkin and then we waited for the security scanner stations to open ... we were upstairs, had our S&S pictures taken and seated watching other cruisers arriving by 10:35 ... we were onboard by 11:00 and we among the first 20 cruisers on board (not counting the wedding parties) ...

As long as you do not mind waiting a bit before boarding then I would recommend getting there early ... the lines started soon after we got there ...

We will be doing the same again this year ...

Candy

I would suggest 11:00am. If you arrive earlier you might be closer to the front of the line, but you will only board about 5 - 10 minutes earlier, but have to wait much longer in line. Get there about 11:00am and you will still be one of the first on the ship.

I would suggest 11:00am. If you arrive earlier you might be closer to the front of the line, but you will only board about 5 - 10 minutes earlier, but have to wait much longer in line. Get there about 11:00am and you will still be one of the first on the ship.

We love getting there early, and as for waiting in line longer, we have met some very nice people and on more then one occassion become very good friends beyond the cruise.

We will be going out of Miami again in September and plan on getting there between 9:30 an 10:00 AM even if they are still coming off the boat......lol Which has happened on more then one occassion.:eek:

We love getting there early, and as for waiting in line longer, we have met some very nice people and on more then one occassion become very good friends beyond the cruise.

We will be going out of Miami again in September and plan on getting there between 9:30 an 10:00 AM even if they are still coming off the boat......lol Which has happened on more then one occassion.:eek:

If you like waiting in line, then get there as early as you can.

If you like waiting in line, then get there as early as you can.

I would rather wait in line and have good conversation with people who are as excited as i am to get on the boat then sit in a hotel room and wait...........lol Not to say its wrong to go later, some people enjoy coming after 1PM and just literally walking on the boat. Thats just not for us we are like little kids going to Disneyland for the first time, everytime :D :D

Lifes what you make of it, live and enjoy thats my motto!

I was serious. If you enjoy the time you spend waiting in line to board the ship, then get there as early as you can. I see nothing wrong with what you are doing, and if it adds to your enjoyment of the cruise, great!

We have 41 days too!! Where r u going??

Archived