San Juan on a Monday after 3PM for my 50th birthday...

exm

Hi,

For my 50th birthday we're taking an 11 day cruise out of NY on the Anthem. On my birthday itself (Monday 1/16) we'll be in San Juan, and I was thinking to do something special. However, we are only arriving at 3PM and it's a Monday so all good bars and restaurants are closed on Monday. 😞 To make things a bit more complicated, I have 3 younger children (7,9,11). I have looked at the LED kayaking but to be honest, that doesn't look overly special. I really would love to go to a nice bar or restaurant. Any tips are appreciated (I already searched the forums but most recommendations are either closed on Mondays or permanently closed).

• 2 weeks later...

Barrachina's has an insane vibe with outside dining.  We loved it.  Heard about it being a tourist trap . . . definitely not.  Lots of tourist visit here but its great, reasonably priced and worth it.  We beat the rush but while inside we saw that line grow for seating.

Pina Coladas were a bit overrated but still tasty.  Had the manager make me a Coquito (seasonal) and enjoyed that much more.

Food was good.  Would be a great birthday celebration spot.

• Like 2