Platinum and Diamond check in times?

We haven't cruised since Aug 2019 so I was surprised to hear that Carnival no longer allows Platinum and Diamond members to 

arrive at the pier for check in at any time (even if they have a scheduled time)like they have in the past.

From what I understand,  now we will have to check in online a few weeks prior to our cruise date and select a time to check in 

at the pier and we wont be allowed to deviate from this time as we have in the past.

So , if our scheduled time is , for instance, 1:00-1:30 and we arrive at Noon we wil be turned away?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

as a Platinum I was able to check in two days before the rest of the cruise so I was able to get an early check in time.  So what you suggest would not be an issue for me.  Maybe others who have experienced what you propose will be able to answer your question.

Like was said above you will get to check in two days in advance of the regular date. You can start the process at 12 midnight eastern time. Just skip through the check in questions and finish them later to get a time. I'd be surprised if you can't get an early time. With that said, there are reports that some people are still getting in (platinum or not) before their allotted time, depending on the port and the employees. 

As with many things Carnival there is the official answer and then there is what actually happens. Officially if you arrive before your assigned time they will ask you to step aside until your assigned time. But, some times at some ports, if you are not hours early they say go ahead. I think it depends on whether they are backed-up in the terminal or it is slack and resources are going a wasting.