Navigator Concierge Lounge, cabin benefits

FrankiRN

This is for any diamond members who have been on the Navigator of the Seas recently (last 3-4 months) and used the Concierge lounge services. What was your experience with the lounge? Stuff like, was it crowded or not, services you used, kinds of drinks available, when did you get your key, etc. Also, if not cruising in a suite, did you receive any extras delievered to your cabin during the cruise, other than the robes, coupon books, and gift, for example an appetizer tray or something like that. This will be our 2nd cruise on the Navigator, but the first with Diamond benefits.

I was on Nav in Jan. The lunger was the typical Voyager class set up. Our time was great b/c Francois was the concierge. I love Frenchie, but he's left to some time off and then Freedom. I'm not sure who replaced him; someone will know. It wasn't crowded, but that will depend on your particular sailing. Keys were waiting in the room when we arrived. Robes and coupons arrived the first day, and the amenity comes a little later on in the cruise. We got food regularly; I forget what though - sorry - I never eat that stuff.

Congrats and enjoy your cruise!

We were on a couple of weeks ago. The lounge was pretty quiet. Even for pre-dinner drinks it was always easy to find a seat. We LOVED the lounge. They had a full bar, including wine beer and soda. The hourdurves (okay spell it for me LOL) were great! For breakfast they had english muffins, bagels, etc.

We got tender tickets of our choice. Ice show tickets for any show. White luggage tags. Also they have a pretty good DVD collection to borrow movies from. We brought our laptop and watched a couple movies when there wasn't anything going on that we wanted to do. They also have games in the lounge. It is sometimes nice to sit there and play a game of chess.

The keys were waiting in the room. The lounge was open the first night. I think I drank a bottle of wine all by myself that night :) We ended up chatting with Cruise Critics for a long time. We just happened to mention CC and the people sitting with us and at the table next to us were all CC'ers. It was fun.

The Conceirge will make Portifino's and Chops reservations for you. We did ours on our own. We went on each formal night, so reservations were easy to get. FYI the cruise we were on the senior staff dined at Portifino's on Wednesday. The Captain wasn't there but just about everyone else was. We happened to be leaving Windjammer as they were walking out. The Hotel Director, Jorge Lynch, even held the door for me. It was nice to see even the senior staff has the "guests first" thinking.

As far as extras....we only had chocolates delivered once. Nothing else. We did have full size shampoo, conditioner and lotion bottles waiting in the bathroom. That was something we have never had before. Even as diamond members of the Voyager.

You'll love the lounge. My Seapass is no longer the price of my mortgage payment! :) :)

I read that thread but I was kind of looking for things specific to the Navigator. It seems from reading the many Concierge lounge threads that the benefits really do differ depending on the ship, or the concierge even. Some folks on certain ships get an email from the concierge before their cruise, snack plates sent to the room, full sized amenities, etc. Some people on other ships get absolutely none of this stuff. I was mostly curious about how the Navigator specifically rated as to these perks.

Ok sorry I thought that thread would help. There is really very little variation in what they offer. The Nav concierge lounge is on Deck 9 with no outside view. Radiance class and Enchantment lounges have a nice OV.

In the mornings in the Nav concierge lounge you will find the standard continental breakfast set up - fruits, rolls, donuts, etc - which you can help yourself to. They clean that up by about 930 - 10am or so.

From 5 - 830 every evening, the open bar is set up. This generally includes standard brands of the most common liquors (vodka, gin, whiskey, bourbon, wine, champagne), as well as water, sodas and mixes, along with lots of ice, lemon and lime. You are welcome to pour your own.

There is generally also a nice selection of cheeses, grapes, veggie snacks, hors d'ouerves.

The coffee machine is available 24 / 7 and apparently makes great coffee, expresso and cappucino.

There are usually a few magazines to read, games to play, and the DVD selection is decent.

That's what happens consistently. The answers to the rest of your questions will vary depending on what the concierge chooses to do. I was on in early Jan. Maybe someone who's been on since Francois left recently can provide details about what the new concierge is doing.

Some concierges send a proactive email; most don't. I've only ever recevied 1, and that was from Jospehine on Voyager. Francois was not in the habit of sending the email, so I'm guessing his replacement will not be either.

Stateroom benefits and deliveries are not under the control of the concierge. These, in my experience, can vary a lot.

Enjoy!

Does the Navigator concierge lounge have free internet access for use??

I have read very spotty coverage issues about internet packages available for cabins and the lounge would be a great spot to check emails a couple of times during the cruise??

Voayger class concierge lounges do not have internet terminals like Radiance class lounges; however, you can get a wifi signal in them. I'm just not sure how good it is. There is no free internet access anywhere on any ship I'm familiar with.

Archived