Ruby Princess stopping in Prince Rupert?

westcoaster

We had booked an excursion in Victoria paying with non refundable credit.  We did pay for excursions in other ports.  I hope they reallocate the payments and give us the refund.  They changed the time of a booked excursion in Juneau to reflect the adjusted arrival time.  We are OK with the changes.

On 5/8/2022 at 8:29 AM, cruzin4us said:

I just looked up our cruise on the Victoria Port Authority website and it shows as "cancelled", so I'm hoping it's true.   

Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 8.22.28 AM.png

My Ruby Alaska cruise stop in Victoria on July 7th is also canceled. And on the Prince Rupert Port table, the Ruby Princess is scheduled to stop there on July 6th from 7a-2p. What a coincidence as I cancelled my Pricess shore excursion for Victoria last weekend. It was fate! 😂

The answer is northland cruise terminal.  It’s directly in the town area. So ease to get around.   

we were told the night before our trip started (May 10, 2022 cruise) of the change.  The reason given was mammal navigation issues of speed with the in flux of whales in the area.

the strange part, the local paper for the Prince Rupert town announced it May 4,  stating this specific cruise will be the first to arrive.  Hence no Victoria stop….

with the fun ArrivCAN requirement we have to cancel the stop to Victoria and re enter the new location.   But when we got in the ship they told us the CBP Canada will accept the canceled port… I just wonder if they will?

any ways yes, there are excursions for the location.  And being a new port, I expect it will have even more in the future.   

should be interesting, the town is bigger than Skagway so there could be more to do.