How many times am I tested

kansas2018

I am very perplexed by Viking’s answers (sometimes it appears they just give a canned response without reading the email).

My question for experienced Viking cruisers is this:

I plan to get a Covid test before I arrive at the cruise terminal on boarding day to present to Viking. (Got it)

will Viking want to test me while I am in the terminal before I get on the ship?

And

will I also do a saliva test once in my cabin on boarding day? If so this means I am tested Twice in the same day.

I understand about daily saliva testing going forward  it is just embarkation day that is unclear

comments

thanks

Hope you don't have to test as much as we did in January

Tested prior to leaving Canada PCR. Flight canceled due to mechanical difficulties.

Next day had to get Antigen test because going through Newark. Would accept 2 day old PCR test

Arrived at ship ...spit test. Got on ship just before departure time so then did rapid antigen test to be sure we were negative. Later asked to do another spit test as mine was inconclusive.

Spit test every day on trip and then another when we returned to Canada

We just returned from a Viking river cruise (Grand European Tour).  We got PCR test 72 hours prior to our departure flight, but Viking rep didn't even ask to see results when we arrived at pre-cruise excusion hotel in Prague.  He simply gave up tubes for a PCR spit test the following morning.  Upon arrival at longship in Budapest, Viking administered an antigen test before allowing us to go to our stateroom.  Viking then required daily PCR spit test for the 1st week and then every other day during the 2nd week.  Viking administered a antigen test the day before departure to meet US entry requirements; however, neither the airline or US Customs asked for test results.  

Four people tested COVID positive during cruise (all I believe were asymptomatic), resulting in 8 people (4 couples) being denied boarding or removed during cruise.

26 minutes ago, Kamfish642 said:

We just returned from a Viking river cruise (Grand European Tour).  We got PCR test 72 hours prior to our departure flight, but Viking rep didn't even ask to see results when we arrived at pre-cruise excusion hotel in Prague.  He simply gave up tubes for a PCR spit test the following morning.  Upon arrival at longship in Budapest, Viking administered an antigen test before allowing us to go to our stateroom.  Viking then required daily PCR spit test for the 1st week and then every other day during the 2nd week.  Viking administered a antigen test the day before departure to meet US entry requirements; however, neither the airline or US Customs asked for test results.  

Four people tested COVID positive during cruise (all I believe were asymptomatic), resulting in 8 people (4 couples) being denied boarding or removed during cruise.

We were asked at the airline counter for our test results returning home yesterday, and warned US customs might ask.  So it is very much hit or miss, even though we have been asked for test results at the airport counter, both directions and to get into airport lounges in the 3 overseas trips we have taken since we started traveling again.  

Edited by Mich3554

Just back from Viking Orion cruise to Alaska from Vancouver. 
We arrived in Vancouver, independently, several days before the cruise. Got an Anti-Gen test the day prior to the cruise in Vancouver. 
PCR spit test as soon as we boarded, and PCR spit test every morning of the cruise. 
Only a very slight inconvenience. 

• Like 1

I just returned Viking Octanis. Boarded in Milwaukee and ended in Toronto.  No one asked for our test we completed prior to flight to cruise. Completed spit test prior to boarding and then every day thereafter. We actually did our sample night before and left outside our stateroom.