Help Please

chester3

Well I am going on the Jewel of the Seas for the 8 night Eastern Caribbean route. I know it is not until December but is there anyone out there who has done this route that can point me to some information. I am looking for copies of the Daily compass and menus for the main dining room. I like to plan ahead (way ahead) so I know what night's to plan alternative dining. Lastly, we are in cabin 9514. Any thoughts?

Any help is much appreciated. We have been on two cruises on RCCL and one Princess last December and we are really looking forward to getting back to RCCL.

Menus and activities have a way of changing. Consequently, we usually wait until we board and look at the back of the Daily Compass which is on the bed. The high level agenda for the week is posted on the back of the Compass for boarding day. Based on that agenda, we plan which day to choose alternative dining, which day we might want to skip the dining room, etc. For our tastes, we usually skip either Caribbean night or Italian night.

Try not to plan too far ahead. Have some ideas in the back of your head, go with the flow, don't stress, and have a great vacation.

Nan

Soon after you board the ship, go to either Chops or Portofino and ask about the dining room menus. They will know which nights are Caribbean night, lobster night, etc. You can then plan accordingly.

If it's a matter of whether you will eat in the dining room or elsewhere on the ship other than specialty dining, the menu is posted outside the dining room every day. Check after lunch - or ask a waiter at lunch to see the evening's menu.

Nan's right. It's almost better to plan after you see what's going on. Believe me, there's SO MUCH going on your problem is not finding something to do, it's deciding which fun thing to do. Don't forget to take a highlighter or two and mark the things you want to do. We take yellow for me and blue for DH and if during the process anything turns green we BOTH want to do it.

On our last cruise one couple at our table had reservations for Portofino's but our table was such fun they cancelled! Like I said, it's ALL good. Your cruise isnt until Dec. All you have to do to get a ton of ideas and tips is to keep coming back to the boards here---and you will, because it makes it that much more exciting and fun and REAL.

Your going to have the time of your life.:D

Archived