Eurodam Alaska May 7-14th Photos / Video

amphoto

This was our first cruise for nearly 3 years and our first time on HAL. Was a little worried about all the hassle of the pre-cruise Covid test and all the apps & forms that we had to do - but it actually wasn't too bad. The cruise itself was great and we'll almost certainly sail with HAL again. 

If anyone is interested, my 16 year old son has made a video of the trip for his Youtube channel. Only the 1st part of the trip has been uploaded so far and he's currently working on the photos / videos from the rest of the trip. He's heavily into ships and has previously made videos of cruises to Alaska, Hawaii and even a transatlantic crossing on the QM2, which are all available to watch on his channel.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, fsdj1097 said:

Did you happen to notice if the Alaska Amber Ale beer was available on your sailing?

I'm not much of a drinker, so I really don't know! Sorry 👍

3 hours ago, Petrocelli said:

Thanks for the video.  I'm heading up to Alaska in July.

Question:  When was your second gala night?  Was it in Glacier Bay or Ketchikan?

It was the Thursday, which was Ketchikan. 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

Thanks for the video coverage of a beautiful trip. It looks like you were blessed with some awesome weather. Your son has a good eye for nature.

Thanks 👍 I'm trying to encourage his photography hobby! This was our 3rd Alaska cruise and I'm pretty sure it was the first time we've seen blue sky up there!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, amphoto said:

Thanks 👍 I'm trying to encourage his photography hobby! This was our 3rd Alaska cruise and I'm pretty sure it was the first time we've seen blue sky up there!

I am guessing you get a lot of cloudy days in Grays Harbor. We have a condo in Westport and would like everyone to think that it is always cloudy. I do love that we get more sun breaks in Westport than we do in our other home, Skykomish.

1 hour ago, HAL4NOW said:

I am guessing you get a lot of cloudy days in Grays Harbor. We have a condo in Westport and would like everyone to think that it is always cloudy. I do love that we get more sun breaks in Westport than we do in our other home, Skykomish.

Yeah we get a few! To be honest though it's not as bad as we were expecting when we moved here! Summers here are amazing. We try to get out to Westport quite regularly. Even in the winter, watching the King tides can be fun.

Edited by amphoto
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 12:58 PM, Petrocelli said:

Thanks for the video.  I'm heading up to Alaska in July.

Question:  When was your second gala night?  Was it in Glacier Bay or Ketchikan?

On our May14-21 Eurodam cruise (Sat.-Sat.) our Dressy nights were night 2 (Sunday, sea day) and night 6 (Thursday, Ketchikan).  First one included rack of lamb, duck breast and tenderloin.  The second had halibut and prime rib.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mxschwartz said:

Is it true there aren't chocolates or towel animals?

Last week on the Eurodam we did not get towel animals.  We did get 2 milk chocolates on the first dressy night and 2 dark chocolates on the second dressy night. Ours was an inside cabin so it may have been different for higher levels.

Edited by farjar
Additional information added