Booking meals in the MDR

loveheart

As we have always gone for 2nd sitting for dinner I believe that we have to book our meals on an app and can dine at any time on Britannia. We are travelling with 3 other people who have separate bookings and we want to have our meals with them. How can we do this? Is it easy to book a meal using the app?

6 minutes ago, loveheart said:

As we have always gone for 2nd sitting for dinner I believe that we have to book our meals on an app and can dine at any time on Britannia. We are travelling with 3 other people who have separate bookings and we want to have our meals with them. How can we do this? Is it easy to book a meal using the app?

If you have requested and been given 2bd sitting for dinner, then there will be no need to use the app to book your table. However if you want to dine with your friends you may need to link your bookings or possibly need to visit the MDR Maitre d' once on board to arrange this.

• Like 1

Can you not only book tables for a maximum of 4 people using the app - not sure, I left it to others😲

As others have said a visit to the Maitre D would be your best bet.

Edited by Waju
sp
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AuroraCruiser08 said:

Britannia does have a 2 seating dinning room. On the app, just one person needs to book for dinner for up to 6 people, it will go under your cabin number and that's it. 

No booking for MDR as it is fixed dining. Only Freedom dining can be booked (or just turn up if not busy).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Fionboard said:

No booking for MDR as it is fixed dining. Only Freedom dining can be booked (or just turn up if not busy).

I can say you are wrong. Live from Britannia at the moment. The three MDRs are split between one as set and two as freedom. The two for freedom need to be booked on the app as part of the virtual queue, which is very quick I must add. This cruise is only about 50% full so you can just turn up. But on the voyage the author is asking about will probably be full so booking for freedom MDRs will be needed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AuroraCruiser08 said:

I can say you are wrong. Live from Britannia at the moment. The three MDRs are split between one as set and two as freedom. The two for freedom need to be booked on the app as part of the virtual queue, which is very quick I must add. This cruise is only about 50% full so you can just turn up. But on the voyage the author is asking about will probably be full so booking for freedom MDRs will be needed. 

What time is the set dining in the main dining room?

3 hours ago, AuroraCruiser08 said:

I thought that was what Fionboard was saying, the fixed dining MDR  needs no booking, but freedom dining MDR can be booked, or just turn up and queue.

• Thanks 1