Flights from Manchester UK on 27th May 2022

This is for anyone else hoping to travel to Copenhagen on 27th May 2022. I was scheduled to fly out on SAS airlines at 10.15 am. My TA does all my documents and stuff for me so I just call in and collect them. Yesterday, 21at May, I took a look on the airlines site to see when I could check in, the message can up that my booking was cancelled. Their customer service office works Mon thru Fri. My TA contacted NCL who said that there was no problem the flight was still booked but we insisted they look further. To their credit, a guy called Paul at NCL called SAS and found that the flight booking was cancelled LAST JULY and apparently the computers hadn't ' talked to each other so NCL weren't aware of the issue. Fortunately Paul got me another flight, not good flight times but at least he was able to sort it. So it's a warning to anyone else to check their flights of it was On SAS airlines . 

Have you ever thought you weren't meant to do this cruise?

Edited by silverlady59
Spelling errors

I am Norwegian and SAS airlines happens to be my preferred airline when it comes to travel. BUT a similar thing happened to me in regards to a flight booked almost a year ago, from Oslo to Venice, for a cruise this summer. I originally booked a direct flight with SAS, using some "covid vouchers" received from the airline the previous year. I had booked business class tickets for my husband and myself, and when I a few months ago realized that my Venice cruise would depart from Trieste instead of Venice, since I knew my tickets were of the "flex" type they could be changed, I had a look at alternative flights. 

I then discovered that my original SAS flight was changed to a different airline (another airline in the Star Alliance group), but with same departure time/arrival time as my original booking. And when I searched for alternative flights on the same date, there were no results for "Oslo-Venice" - I had to book Oslo-Copenhagen-Venice. So no search result for the flight I actually now seemed to be booked on. Not even when I went to the website for that particular airline (a small airline that I actually had never heard about before). 

As the cruise would start in Trieste, I changed my departure date online to one day earlier, for practical reasons. I then called the airline (SAS) to get some help with some "add-ons", and I then mentioned about the "non-excisting flight" they had re-booked me to and complained about not being notified - and they (SAS) stated that there had been "no cancellations done by the airline". Well, I had rebooked my flights at that point, so I saw no reason to continue to discuss the matter. But I am very lucky I found out about the cancelled flight as early as I did, otherwise it would have cost me a fortune to change the plane tickets on a short notice (allthough 100% refund of original ticket, I would have had to pay the difference to a business class ticket booked "last minute" instead of months in advance)....

Now I am just looking forward to my cruise!!!

Edited by TrumpyNor

Had the same thing happen but with Jet2 however we didn’t find out till we arrived at the airport, had to organise my own flights as NCL were useless. eventually spoke to possibly the same person (surname begins with S) who arranged for a refund of the new flight costs but still took close to 6months to arrive