Memorial Day Sale in real terms

schelercamus

Read the fine print as emphasized by others previously.  It says Up to 4 Category Upgrade!!!!

We have had friends go from  A to PH 3 as long as there was availability. This offer is made routinely by Oceania and you may see it again for the 4th Fo July Sale and Labor Day and …

since there can be “combine ability” issues, just have O or your TA price out your options and pick the best value for you which may not always be dollar driven. 
Ciao, Mauibabes 

On 6/7/2022 at 2:46 AM, BWV said:

We were told that we couldn’t combine the offers. 

I guess it's Oceania decision to make but they should put it in the Terms and Conditions and it's not. In the Ultimate Olife offer they did but not the 4-cat offer. Kind of like a bait and switch. That's not right. 

I am not sure it is a “bait and switch” issue, more a case of independent promotions. We always check with O directly when one of the promotions is offered for a cruise we have booked to see how the total price is impacted.  There can be moving parts of any pricing mechanism/formula so just check it out. When booking on board you have the Best Price Guarantee so that is always in our “back pocket” to pull out if we are missing out on an option. ALWAYS BOOK SOMETHING ON BOARD, then you can swap it once for another trip that better interests you.  The $250 deposit is really a great benefit and of course it is fully refundable. 

The various Holiday Sales, Ultimate Sales, Black Friday Sales, etc. are not new promotions for O, just new itineraries that need some promotional efforts to generate more bookings. Always pay attention to the offer and what is “combineable” because there is nothing FREE. 

My two cents or JMHO,

Ciao, Mauibabes 

• Like 1

Maybe that's where we went wrong. We didn't actually book a future cruise but made a deposit on a "Future Cruise Certificate" that offered "On Board Savings". There was nothing prohibiting combination in the Terms and Conditions of either the Certificate or the 4-cat upgrade promotion. I asked the Ambassador if they were combinable and was told they where (we were actually on a 4-cat upgrade cruise at the time). And, as I remember, Oceania had a very difficult time combining that 4-cat upgrade with a Future Cruise Credit from a previously cancelled cruise.