3 Nt. Majesty - questions on various things.

mlbcruiser

It's been a while since I have gone on a 3 night cruise. Last time was several years ago on the Sovereign of the Seas. Took my mom and sister and was a bit disappointed because it seemed to me that many things were below the standard of a longer cruise. Like they didn't serve lobster on any of the nights, for instance. Is that still the norm on a RCCL 3 nt. cruise?

Also, re: your sign and sail account info. and shore excursion bookings being available over the interactive t.v.- does Majesty offer this feature?

What is the price of the fancy froo froo tropical drinks on RCCL now?

My in college dd and her friend will be going on this ship in a few weeks. I am guessing that there should be plenty of youngish people on this ship and it will be pretty lively. Correct?

My dd is a diamond member of the C&A since she took so may prior cruises when she was younger though not elligible for membership. On a 3 day cruise are there any benefits (special check-in area, coupons, extra cocktail parties, use of robes, etc.) that she can expect for her new membership?

Last but not least, is the Majesty in pretty decent shape for her age?

Thanks for any info.!

Just sailed Majesty of the Seas in early February, a four-day cruise. Though I prefer newer and bigger ships, I felt Majesty was pretty darned nice for her age. Of course, she does not have the amneities of bigger ships, such as 18-hole putt-putt golf or special restaurants such as Portofino and Chops, but on such a short cruise there isn't much time to avail oneself of these amenities anyway.

If your DD is at least a Platinum C&A card holder, she will have a robe placed in her room. Others have said, though, that anyone can have a robe who requests one. I don't know if that is correct. No harm in trying, though.

There is a pleasant captain's reception for Platinum and higher with canapes and drinks. There is also a departure lounge with a continental breakfast for the same passengers. There may have been a special boarding area for Platinum and above, but I think we were mistakenly shunted into the wrong line and ended up spending a long time waiting in line to board.

We didn't order froo froo drinks, so I can't answer that question.

Archived