Azamara Journey 11 DEC 2021 - request for information

General Agent

This is a long shot.

We were on the above cruise and were on Deck 6 where disruptive re-decoration works were ongoing throughout our cruise.

There were only about a dozen cabins occupied by paying customers at the bow end of the ship, the rest were empty or occupied by contractors.

We were told by the hotel manager that we should have received notification of the works in our cabin on embarkation but we did not.

Despite several requests to Azamara both at the time and since our return, no copy has been forthcoming.

Is there anyone out there that received a notification of the works and could tell me what it actually said?

Also, if you were booked on Deck 6 but relocated to different Decks, when were you informed of your move and what were you told?

Any information would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

We were on this cruise.

Originally had restricted ocean view deck 6 but when arrived at port on check in we were advised of being upgraded to full ocean view on deck 4 but no explanation given.

Speaking with guests onboard no one was notified of the works going on until they boarded.

I know a lot of people were not happy with the lack of communication and distribution caused who were not moved from deck 6.

Thanks for responding xxsamoakesxx,

I guess most people who were moved received an upgrade of some sort and so would not be too unhappy.

Of those you spoke to who were not moved from deck 6, do you know if they were compensated in some way?

Azamara knew on 30th Nov that redecoration of the corridors would be an issue for this cruise.

I did not expect this from Azamara.

Many thanks for your feedback. As you can imagine I am really upset at the way Azamara have treated those on deck 6.

If I could take them on I would but because we booked a package through a TA we have to go through the TA and this is taking ages and they can't be bothered to find the truth.

Azamara should be ashamed of the way they have treated what is after all is said and done a small number of people. It makes a special holiday memorable for all the wrong reasons.